+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Poll Question when any why did you stop fin/propecia.

It my research it seems as if everyone eventually stops fin. either from sides; fear of sides or just they feel it is no longer working. I'm curious as what are the experiences on this board. Or if you are continuing fin., how long have you been on it?

Thanks

I don't think those who are successful using Propecia ever stop taking it. The forums tend to bring out the most vocal, fearful and unhappy Propecia users.

I am assuming then that you are one of the happy fin users?

Thumbs up

Yes, I've had a good experience with Propecia.

I’ve been on if for about 12 years and it’s still working with no side effects.

I am going on 3 weeks here and no problems. No noticeable side or anything... I am fully functioning!! =) If you start and listen to your body outside of what you normally would I believe you'll find all kinds of things that your body does normally that you have been out of tune with. Only now that you are listening intently are they noticeable. Now I am not saying to not listen to what your body is saying just don’t start doing it the day you start Propecia .
    I agree with Winston though if you think about, all the people whom have had a HT, or on Propecia or (fill in the blank) the sample you get to see are small in comparison generally those who have had some problems. Many who have no problems have gone on with their lives?
    Case in point I have been here researching repair of a bad HT from years ago, I came across this post and wasn’t going to respond until I stopped myself and thought about it, no subject input helps no one.

What’s funny is that most men NEVER listen to their body and wait until they are practly bed ridden to see a dcotor. The mass irrational fear attached to using Propecia has gotten way out of hand and of course it’s all tied to our penises like everything else we fear..
    Nice post Johnny!

Almost 2 months for me, no sides. I got slight ball-ache for like a few days...very mild and it went away very fast also. No telling if that was even finasteride.

I've taken both finasteride from dr.lee and the real propecia. It definitely seems to be improving my hair and completely stopping further loss. 2 months is nothing though, most of my improvement(which is slight) is probably due to minoxidil.

Default ...........

Quote Originally Posted by spamgoeshere View Post
    The instructions that come with Minoxidil explains; because of hair growing cycles and the time it takes to grow hair, it may take 2 or 3 months before you see results. Not everyone will see results. It also says IT WILL STOP WORKING AFTER 48 WEEKS of use for most people. That means it will only give you results that you CAN SEE for a few months if at all. It says if you stop using the product the hair it grew will fall out. I guess that also means if the product stops working, the hair it grew will fall out but don't know for sure. If you decide to quit Minoxidil you might ask your doctor if it is a good idea to lower your dosage gradually. I hope this helps someone.

I doubt it will, as it is pure nonsense.

I appreciate you trying to help but what you have read and come to understand is definitely false.

Minoxidil does not "stop working". It keeps on going. But it can only improve your hair so much before DHT eventually wins. DHT is constantly attacking your follicles. Minoxidil does not intervene there AT ALL. So, if you aren't using a DHT inhibitor/blocker the results from minoxidil will definitely decline, eventually.

You cannot develop a tolerance to minoxidil, this has not been shown anywhere. From the clinical trials(there are a lot on minoxidil/rogaine) I have seen that it only "stops working" if you stop using it. But you definitely will lose ground if you don't inhibit DHT.

There are still a lot of misconceptions about minoxidil. I didn't use finasteride and minoxidil for almost a year just because I kept reading "rogaine does not work", "finasteride will kill you" blah blah.

Really, there are side effects but the truth is these products WORK. Minoxidil DOES work in the front, I am seeing some good regrowth. If my hair is not overwhelmed by DHT, these results should stay.

lol you edited your post, good thing i quoted it, if you want me to delete this message just tell me