+ Reply to Thread

Default Hasson 3100 grafts strip

It took me a long time to post this, but i figured now was the best time to share. I had my surgery 2 years ago - and went in to see Dr Hasson recently for a check in. And my results were life changing. I spend years creeping this site to get info and never thought i’d actually go through with anything. But thanks to all of you and your posts i did and choosing Dr Hasson was the best choice i could have made.

My reason for posting now is to share with you all the truth about how good Hasson is, and how his work has changed my life. I know a lot of you out there are scared and wonder if the results are real/pictures are legit etc. I am here to tell you - they are. Hasson uses a old school little camera for his pics. There is no “lightning “ except for the overhead fluorescent lights of his office. I *think we all get our pics done in the same place, against a blue door at the end of his hallway. Any positive results you have seen on here from him i can tell you - are 100% legit.

I’ve read some scepticism and I completely get it - how can you know? You can’t know until you talk to him i guess. Or go through with the procedure. But if you are weighing testimonials i’m here to add a positive one. Hasson did an amazing job on my receesing hairline and if you saw me right now - you’d never know that my hair was receding - badly and quickly. He actually tried to talk me out of getting it done at first and told me that although he agreed that my hair was thinning and receesing, he thought that i could leave it be. But i was so obsessed with my hair (it felt like it was all that i could think about) that i told him i was ready to make the change. He then agreed to take me on as a patient. So if you think he’s only in it for the job - i’d disagree.

Any other Hasson vets can confirm my points above. I just know that I was out there searching for some kind of reassurance that what i was doing was the right move and I was looking for guidance as to what Doctor i should go to. So i’ve signed up to this site as well as others to give you guys some insight into the process with Dr Hasson.

I’ll also answer any questions you have!

Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	96CF3527-1AE2-446B-A27F-E98F84BD223A.jpg

Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	56308   Click image for larger version

Name:	8D3958EC-C834-43E4-B5DF-198FCC867629.jpg

Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	56309   Click image for larger version

Name:	36501DB9-0270-4FFD-A645-FE5F8F0B4E32.jpg

Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	56310   Click image for larger version

Name:	97AFD3B5-2143-4C35-A841-622C15B73138.jpg

Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	56311  

Thanks for your post. helpful to read.

I'm considering setting up a surgical appt with Hasson later this year (when I can swing a few consecutive weeks off work post-op to recover).

I have a few questions if you don't mind:

- How long is your scar? I've read that Hasson tends to always go ear-to-ear. Now that you're completely recovered and have a good sense of your final scar, could you ever take your hair down to a #1 or #2 without it being completely obvious/awkward?

- How did you wear your hair during the ugly duckling phase of your recovery (1-4 months post-op)? My hair is pretty long, but my preference would just be to go down to short clipper setting until month 5 when hair starts to really grow again and then just let it all come back in together. My concern though is that I won't be able to shave it during that time period due to the scarring? Am I destined for a short term awkward comb-over to hide the procedure at work?

- How long was your scalp implant-area pink/discolored?

- I've read a lot about facial swelling post op, was that an issue for you and if so how long did it take to dissipate?

Thanks again.

Hey there. Happy to answer your questions!

1. Scar is ear to ear and recently i just has a very close haircut (less than an inch) and the scar wasn’t visable. Hasson and i have discussed going back in to do a line of hair over the scar so i could conceivably go as short as i wanted. But right now i can go as short as half an inch near the scar.

2. I obviously don’t know what your hairline is like currently or your n# so it’s hard to advise. What i did (i was a n1.5-2) was grow my hair out really long before the procedure as Hasson shaves into your hairline so he can transplant deeper than your hairloss. See my pics above. So i found a way to disappear for a few weeks on vacation and returned with a “bad hair do” letting all the longer hair fall forward over the top. It wasn’t pretty but i pulled it off with hat wearing and etc. It was an awkward 9 months. And it’s important to be realistic about the time frame - it TAKES FOREVER. Or at least it feels that way. 9-10 months i was able to get a hair cut and my barber was like “why the hell is this all so short and the rest so long?” I blamed it on a bad hair cut from someone else. Also a good trick i used in a mid haircut while my scalp was red - i told the hairdresser i had extreme exema. She seemed to by it.

3 my implant area was red/pink for weeks if not longer. Maybe 1.5 months. I wore a winter style hat and a bandanna to cover it.

4. Not to scare you - but i’m a bad case for swelling and my head was swollen like... like ... i looked like the elephant man. It was only a few days. But be prepared. I made the most of it and had fun with my wife. But i loooed like i’d been in a massive fight or was born with a massive head defect. I have pics and i look at them every now and again for a laugh.

If i had to do it again, there would be NO HESITATIONS i swear. After the 12 month mark all of this seems like a distant memory.

Hope
    This helps!

Jimmy

This is all very helpful. Do you have any pics from the ugly duckling phase (months 1-5)? Most guys on this forum go offline for several months after the procedure and only post month 5 onward (or before and afters). I'd like to get a sense of what I'm in for.