KSL Glasgow- Advice needed - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default KSL Glasgow- Advice needed

Hi all

I didn't think I would be signing up to a hair transplant and balding forum but that's how quickly things change! I really need advice and I appreciate anyone who can help. I'll try keep it easy reading.

- I'm 30 and decided to get a hair transplant. I checked out Scotland as it's where I stay and I saw KSL. I was attracted by the footballers and celebs who had used it and thought they must be good and trustworthy.

- I agreed to pay 8k installments and my procedures would be done over two surgeries. Front then wait over 6 months and get the crown done.

- I got the first one done in 2018 by Dr Matee who flew up from London. He seemed well respected and has been practicing for years. He was also in the pics doing the celeb procedures.

- it's only been 10 weeks so it's hard to judge yet but I'm sure you have been made aware of KSL Medical Glasgow closing and it now not relating to KSL branches down south

- I cancelled my payments with Shawbrooke and asked them to investigate. They are getting back to me in due course. I'm obviously worried about my finance record but I had to stop paying, as my after care was non existent. I was supposed to get 12 x laser sessions and a 3 month check up soon.

- Dr Matee has been kind enough to reply and wants to help but I need my contract from the Glasgow office

- I emailed the Glasgow office which was supplied in their public statement. No response to either email. A random mobile number text me 3 times to arrange a call to discuss my situation but they never called and now ignore when I try and call or text back. It's the voicemail of KSL Medical saying they are busy. That's been 2 weeks now.

- Dr Matee put in local anathestic and cut my hairline but 2 technicians did my implants and extraction. It looks like they weren't registered or trained. Paul and a English girl did the majority of my work.

- My questions are how do I go about getting my finance back from shawbrook? They have been kind enough to reply and I have sent them all correspondence with KSL. I was mis sold and have not received after care or my 2nd procedure. I don't want it now because of what has happened.

- I also spoke to Llyod based down south and he said he would help but he has went missing too.

I have made 5 payments of over 1k in total so I would like this refunded. It's also a nightmare because I'm not sure how my results will turn out.

Anyone able to help please?

10 weeks is to early to tell

I used the Maidstone one in December I'm 13 weeks in and I'm pleased
    I have much more hair than before i won't be happy if this is the final result though

I forgot to say I'm having laser survey once a week and mine was done by Dr mattee

The technicians don't have to be registered I don't think. I think they learn on the job like a apprenticeship and its all about experience.

Mine had been doing it 8 years and if I get my crown done later I'll insist on the same ones

I really wouldn't cancel you payment yet how's can you say what the result will be! If its not right after 6 months then complain too shawbrook.

I think the original Glasgow lot used crap surgeons and there is about 5 people who had bad jobs done who seem to be the ring leaders with all the bad reviews And feedback scaring everyone else.

I've been contacted online telling me to cancel and complain so I think people are jumping on the band wagon thinking they won't have to pay when if this hadn't of happened they wouldn't have said a word

Shawbrook called me today asking about my service so I reckon they are on to it to

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah 10 weeks is too short a time to judge. I do have lots of little hairs on the new area at the front which is positive. However I'm not getting any after care or laser sessions. Do you think they are making a difference?

Are you taking finasteride as well to boost growth and keep existing hair?

Shawbrook told me yesterday that KSL are meeting with them soon to discuss what will happen to those who have finance. It looks like it will be transferred to another company.

I know the ksl truth site will be a mob of people but there are some concerning stories and evidence on there. They even have a technicians account story working with Dr Matee.

Hi

I started taking finistride in January I’ve never taken it before but I thought I’d try it as I’d gone through all this I’d give it a go. I’m balder in my crown than I thought

I’m not sure if it’s doing anything or the laser but it can’t be hurting. I’ve had no real side affects yet that I know of.

I know there is obviously a few disgruntled customers but you will never please everyone

I have realistic expectations I know I will never have the same hair as when I was 20. I really have noticed a difference in the last few weeks. If I buzz cut it to 2 Mm it looks like I have all my hair but you can see donor scars. When it gets to over 3mm you can’t see the scars but the new hair looks too thin compared to my original hair

Mattee has done thousands and you don’t here from all of the positive ones. I have to stay positive and believe it will work. I spend every minute thinking about it and looking online. I’m desperate for it to work. I assure you if I’m unhappy I will go mental but I’ll do it in my own way not jumping on someone else’s bandwagon

When I go in there for the laser there is a constant stream of people coming in for laser so not everyone is unhappy

I know two people that have used mates and got results I’d be happy with

That's me at the 3 month stage today. How was your hair around that period and what are you on now?

My existing hair is growing back more now after shock loss. The outline of the front is clear with little hairs coming through. No density etc but I'm trying to stay positive.

Starting finasteride tomorrow as my crown is bald too.

Hi stay positive. Give it until 6 months, mine was there at 12 weeks but much thinner than my hair that was already there at the back. I’m only a few of weeks ahead of you and it does make a difference

I shave it to 1.8mm with babyliss beard trimmers because they go lower than a normal number one (3mm) and it looks like I have a buzz cut. I have a hairline. It’s not thick enough to grow out yet

I didn’t trim it for 12 days and it was the longest I’ve had my hair for years I walked about like it and nobody stared but I felt like a twat so I shaved it again. When it was longer I could see baby hairs in between ones that had grown so I’m hopeing more will show soon.

I had a laser today and there was a guy in there at 4 months and his looked amazing it’s given me real hope

The worst thing about all this is that even if finistride keeps my existing hair I’ve realised now I’ve seen it longer I will need another transplant

I can’t work out how to put pictures on here otherwise I’d show you

Thanks mate

The fact that little hairs are starting to be seen coming through my scalp is positiive. There are quite a few around the new hairline so it must be good news.

I just wish I had satisfaction it'll be ok. After the ksl debacle I can't help but worry it'll turn out a nightmare. I had 2500 put in the front going back to the middle so it seemed tightly packed

I think we are in the same boat and just need to try to forget about it for a couple of months.
    I know that’s alomost impossible though.

It rubbish that the Glasgow clinic shafted everyone but hopefully because you had mattee and not the dodgy surgeons that butchered people a few years ago your will be ok.

They told me at maidstone they they are a franchise and run separately but use the same celebs as advertising and they didn’t know what he was doing up there