Few questions about a transplant - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Few questions about a transplant

I am 27 years old and first started noticing my hair-loss at age 21. I got on the big three and have halted almost all my hairloss. I have only lost my temples and the rest of my hair is very thick. I still wear my bangs down but all the pictures I see of transplants they push their hair back. Why? Also how many more years do you think I should wait on a transplant? I don't want to look stupid with transplanted hair up front and none in the back. Thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated.

I also like to buzz it in the summer. Would this look stupid?

I got my first Ht when i was 27. Worst mistake of my life.

well i have the odd day in the week when iv spent ages styling it and had a nice clean shave and look good all round

but i live in fear every few hours of each day that if propecia stops working im going to be completly ****ed. Or when i come to try and start a family with a women what will happen as they say you need to be off the meds even then. So many worries and it probably uses up about 20% of head every single day and will continue to do so for the rest of my life

In regards to you shaving your head, if you only have one transplant with around 1000 fues taken out properly you may be able to get away with it. But then you will have more and more and it will be unliekly

Final advice for whats its worth: make sure you spend a lot of time on the forums to make sure this is exactly what you want. Only you can make the decision in the end

Inactive

Cool

I still wear my bangs down but all the pictures I see of transplants they push their hair back. Why?
    Because the people who look at pictures of hair transplant patients want to see the hairlines.

Generally, I would say it's best to wait as long as you can before undergoing hair restoration surgery. However, since you have had great luck using medical therapy, you could definitely look into having a conservative procedure if you are bothered by the small amount of hair loss in your temples.

You're right to be concerned that your donor supply is finite and it's a good idea to have a consult with an experienced hair transplant surgeon who can give you an idea of how much donor density you will have in the long-run, and how many grafts a small procedure to restore your temples would require. Remember that temple work requires an experienced surgeon with an exacting hand to create a soft and natural aesthetic- so take your time researching the very best physicians.

You will be fine buzzing your hair as long as you opt for a FUE procedure, rather than strip, which will leave a more visible scar when your hair is short. Another good reason to choose FUE for this sort of procedure is that the physician will be able to harvest single hairs from the nape area to provide the most natural-looking results in the temple regions.

As gmonasco said, hair transplant photos commonly show the hair pushed back so that prospective patients can see the detailed work along the hairlines (a good indicator of the quality and naturalness of a hair transplant).