+ Reply to Thread

Default Nearly 4.5 years shaving my head

I was devastated. Hairline receding? What’s that mean? Blew it off until I realized.... I WAS GOING BALD. Holy crap what do I do?? Immediately did what anyone does these days, and I googled the solution. Bc CERTAINLY there HAD to be a solution. Nope. Minoxidil/finasteride that was it. I’m not much of a commitment to a regimen type of person, so I never saw results from minoxidil or any of the snake oil I tried. Haha. So many questions, so much anxiety and depression, how could I be 22 and diffuse thinning with a Norwood 3 hairline? I’m not gonna lie to anyone, even looking back to this day, it sucks. I would be foolish to say that I don’t wish I had or want a full head of hair. HOWEVER, I learned after shaving my head and getting used to it, it’s seriously not that big of a deal. YOU are the only one who will ever think twice about it. Sure, all your buddies will pop some Lex Luther bulls%^t off, but that ends quickly. People told me I needed to go as Walter White to Halloween. Blah blah blah. Truth is we all know it’s coming. It’s a drastic change. Just like if your friend came around for the first time with a full blown 70’s Afro. You would have something to say, who wouldn’t? But after 4 and a half years, no one says anything anymore, I actually prefer the look and quite frankly wish my horseshoe would quit growing as well so I can quit shaving as often. My big bald head looks a HELL of a lot cleaner and nearer than that crap I had on my head in 2013. I also STILL have the same girlfriend who KNEW I was balding. She never cared, she’s made jokes but it’s all in good fun, not some superficial wish you had hair kinda thing. REAL women don’t give a shit about your hair, they give a shit if you have a job and you’re gonna put them first and if you’d make a good father to their children. If they aren’t concerned with those things, long term ain’t looking so well anyway. I own my own business, I’m in a kickass band, I have awesome friends and family who love me, and I’m BALD. There’s life out there boys. The cure for baldness is acceptance and submission. Otherwise you waste your life applying minoxidil just to wind up bald when you die. I mean come on why not just skip the middle man? Plus the best part is I spend absolutely no time on this website moaning and groaning with the rest of the insecure people who want to blame their hair when there’s obviously deeper issues lurking. I don’t mean to offend, if this is what you want, then by all means do it. But if there are any young men on here who’ll listen to sound advice, who are balding, depressed, desperate, etc. give the shaved head a chance. You can’t watch your hairline recede if you can’t see it. Jump on the train to the good life and leave this sap hole behind. There’s more to life than hair, I’m living, overweight, gapped tooth, bald head proof. -deuces, Deuce