feeling more and more hopeless - baldness and dating - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default feeling more and more hopeless - baldness and dating

Being bald is challenging in itself but to lose your hair at a fairly young age like myself (25/26) was not easy knowing that in time I would not be that attractive as I once was.
    Now at 34, I’ve lost all my hair and I can definitely say that it has affected my dating chances. I’m not as appealing to women as I once was. I remember when I still had some hair left I would still get women in public giving me a second look etc. but now, nothing, I'd be lucky to get a glance. I'm sure this is something that many of you can relate to, that feeling like you're invisible sometimes and baldness has alot to do with it. Most women simply aren't into it. I obviously wouldn’t care if I was married but still being single, still searching at this age, this is not a great place to be.
    Dating sites and statistics have proved that bald men receive fewer messages and spark less interest from women.

To prove this I actually did an experiment on a dating site I've been on for the past few months. I uploaded some old photos, ones of me from around 5 years ago when I still had a fair amount of hair (enough to have a buzz cut look) and still looked great. I left these photos on my profile for quite a while just to see who would message me compared to the messages I received when I have my current photos up (of how I look now with no hair) and did notice some difference. I tend to have older women viewing my profile with the bald look but I would say I’ve had less interest overall. There was one girl I remember who waved at me (whilst having my old photos up), I messaged back, she responded and then l changed them after my second message to her….and I haven’t heard from her since! She seemed very keen and then the moment she saw my baldness I guess it put her off.
    I have thought about a hair transplant but even with that, I’ve been told that my baldness is so severe that I may not have enough donor hair to be a good candidate for one! I know there are some women who specifically like a bald head but they are few and far between.

How have other guys who are totally bald and still single coped with this impending thought that women won't even bother giving you a second glance?

Two things:

1. I've accepted it.
    2. I'm not attracted to women of this day and age. (Narcissism, hookup culture, tinder, dozens of sex partners, netflix, shopping and clubbing as hobbies, etc.)

I would give anything to be in your shoes. I was 24 and had a HT. I am now 52 and a regret that I didn't embrace just loosing my hair. I was probably not a good candidate but back then (early 90s) they would do a HT on anyone who was willing to pay and they were not that good. Be confident and date good women. I am married and not in the dating seen but My wife is a good woman and loves me no matter what.

Is it possible that more changed about your appearance in that time? Plenty of people would get more hits on their age 30 photo than they would from a mid-30's photo, significant hair loss or not. Also, a thinning buzz cut to being bald isn't exactly a steep departure, which leads me to believe other things are affecting your physical attractiveness.

I'm not saying hair (style) doesn't matter at all to physical attractiveness (that would be silly)...but I am saying that lots of guys wear the misery associated with hair loss elsewhere, like on their face and waistline.

I have posted about this a few times. Although I have NEVER dated a woman, I exclusively date men, I can tell you that men are JUST as picky as women are, when it comes to appearance, if not MORE so. My hair or lack of hair NEVER affected my ability to do ANYTHING.

It's all about your attitude, how you carry yourself. Believe it or not, some women may find you sexy, if you carry your thinning hair or shaved head (if you decide to just shave it).

Posting old pics online is not a good indicator. It's the in-person, that matters.

I have always had a don't give a F**K attitude. I have dated some guys that I would consider WAY out of my league, in physical appearance. My late partner of 11 years was what most people would describe as an absolute knock out. He actually loved my shaved head and made sure I was shaved all the time.

Right now, I am sporting a hair system. Just got it. I look amazing, shaved back and sides, with a 14" massive shock of silver hair, to match my beard. I am having huge fun with it. But the reality, most folks prefer me without hair.

I'm gonna be the hard guy......if a girl doesnt like you for who you are, forget em! I get the confidence thing but I shave my head and have tons of game. Women pick up on confidence, even if its fake it till you make it, or men, whatever you like in this day and age. If your ok with yourself, bald, or with a full head of hair, it dont matter.......go for it. Patrick Stewart is bald, and he pulls more females than a gynocologist..... chin up

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    I have posted about this a few times. Although I have NEVER dated a woman, I exclusively date men, I can tell you that men are JUST as picky as women are, when it comes to appearance, if not MORE so. My hair or lack of hair NEVER affected my ability to do ANYTHING.

It's all about your attitude, how you carry yourself. Believe it or not, some women may find you sexy, if you carry your thinning hair or shaved head (if you decide to just shave it).

Posting old pics online is not a good indicator. It's the in-person, that matters.

I have always had a don't give a F**K attitude. I have dated some guys that I would consider WAY out of my league, in physical appearance. My late partner of 11 years was what most people would describe as an absolute knock out. He actually loved my shaved head and made sure I was shaved all the time.

Right now, I am sporting a hair system. Just got it. I look amazing, shaved back and sides, with a 14" massive shock of silver hair, to match my beard. I am having huge fun with it. But the reality, most folks prefer me without hair.
    I agree with your statements. I'm 41 and have most of my hair still (I'm a diffuse thinner), but I have friends in late 20s to early 50s who are at various stages of balding. None of those guys has problems with women due to their hair. The oldest and baldest guy of us has a very outgoing personality and gets women quite often.