+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    IMpossible
    Can you send some pics of your before and after with dr Bawli?

If it wasn't true, would i have wasted my time to write the review? Maybe we are not talking about the same clinic. Here it is: https://www.besthairturkey.com

They mention everywhere Dr Cevik as the attending surgeon but I was operated by a much younger one - dont know his name, though. Maybe he is about my age - 28 or slightly older.

Confirm that we are on the same wavelength and I will send pictures to verify it for yourself

I think i misread. I went there but ended up not doing it. Cevik is the doctor and has an assistant. they advertise one a day.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Hi NW3,

I appreciate your comments but I can't say they're beyond reasonable since there are several that currently meet my standards, but I get what you're saying.

I'll clarify, however, as my standards are pretty simple. Be a part of the IAHRS. Do solid work, have a strong track record, don't bullshit patients, don't give unreasonable guarantees, make sure you communicate well, both before and after surgery with your patients, understand the details that make a result natural, don't use gimmicks, follow proper medical protocols, don't take shortcuts, tell patients the downsides not just the upsides to surgery, don't depend on illegal shit just to keep your doors open, and just treat people right. This is what I look for in doctors that want to work with me as they have to be doctors I'd legitimately consider for my own needs. I really don't think that is unreasonable.

Your question about the number of cases is fair, but keep in mind that the MINIMUM requirement for IAHRS membership is 500 cases (among other things) and it's taken this doctor five years to get there. Now, part of this has to do with, I imagine, taking two or three days to complete one patient case, and that makes sense in today's FUE world, but 500 cases just isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things. I'm not saying it's bad, but it isn't really expert level, in my opinion. I'm sure he's fine for straight forward cases, but it takes more experience to have an understanding that allows one to deal with surprises, or to take on trickier cases.
    Do you know anything about Dr. Dr. Géza Sikos? Hes a Member of IAHRS and I'm considering going to his clinic.

where did you go in the end?

I have done my first HT in 2011 with Dr. Alp Aslan. I was completely bald and I had 6000 Grafts in 2 days and really nice results, from looking completely a baldie I went to look 10 years younger. It took me 3000 Euros. Went back recently to do my 2nd HT to fill the crown part and a bit the sides, 2500 grafts -> 1800 Euros. I'm 3-4 weeks post-op and the donor area is completely recovered and the hair is growing, waiting for the shedding to begin.
    I really recommend this clinic, these guys have been performing 1000's of HT. I can verify this because 8 years ago when I was there it was full of patients from all over the world as much as it was now in 2019, when I did the 2nd HT. I'm not being paid by anyone and have no interest what so ever, just sharing my experience with this clinic. If you want proof you can contact me and I can send you pictures.

Hi guys. I've finally decided to go ahead and I'm starting to get quotes from clinics in Turkey. I'm being given so much information that I'm a bit confused. Regarding the technique, I'm being offered:

- DHI
    - Sapphire
    - Lateral Slit
    - Perkutan

Based on my research I was clear I wanted DHI - what do you guys think?

I'm 33 and need around 2,000-2,500 grafts (basically temple areas and lower the hairline a little bit).

Your help is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by ibraheim View Post
    Do you know anything about Dr. Dr. Géza Sikos? Hes a Member of IAHRS and I'm considering going to his clinic.
    I know this is an old thread but i've been considering Dr Sikos but not been able too discover much information on him from actual patients. Just wondered if you had any useful information from your research? TIA

I had a FUT + a few hundred FUEs with Dr Path in Thailand, am delighted with the results almost 6 years on.

Like you I did a lot of thinking and research, and figured he was the best option for me - highly professional and also abput half the price of the US doctors. Also I was coming from China, which made the trip easy.

The clinic is (or was) small and quite domestic, a few stories into a tall building. It was tricky to get to. The staff were very welcoming.

By memory I waited a while in the lobby, but shortly I was seen by both Dr Path and his son, a doctor who trained at the same University as me (which gave me some confidence).

We discussed my options, finalised the quote, and I returned the next day.

They had me lay in a chair for the whole day, with a lunch brought in. I was under local anaesthesia for the donor area. I was also given some drug that made me conscious but very drowsy. They repeated Anesthesia when feeling began to return.

I recall being back in my hotel by about 8pm.

I wore a hat for about 2 months, had a number 1 for another 2 months (with some funny looks due to my scar), then let my hair grow. And it did, and it was beautiful.

Hi Joe, I am curious to know would a hair transplant doctor meet your standards if they were to perform surgery on a DUPA patient who isn't on finasteride or dutasteride?