Threaded View

Default Hair Restoration In Turkey

Hey guys - new here and I hope this post doesn't violate any forum etiquette as my goal is to identify a short list of trustworthy and experienced clinics/doctors in Turkey. Yes there are a few pertinent threads already but I was hoping to get a no-nonsense run down of clinics several of the members here have had good experiences with.

Please see the attached pictures to get a rough idea of my NW rating - I think I'm an NW3 or less. I have circled the 'barren' corners and dotted the areas which may require a bit of refilling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3727.jpg

Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	56255

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3726.jpg

Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	56256

For the past 10 years or so I have been using Minoxidil, slowly increasing the percentages from 5% to 12%. In August 2017 I stepped up the product to Dualgen 15 Plus which contains finasteride. Thus far I have not experienced excessive shedding probably because I had already been on the high potency Minoxidil version. Unfortunately I have not noticed any significant regrowth - on the upside I don't think I'm losing more right now but it is difficult to be objective unless one takes pictures regularly.

My budget ranges around the $2.5k mark based on my own perception of what I need. Which is about 2000 to 2500 grafts. I may be mistaken as I don't know too much about hair replacement. My main reference is a much balder friend of mine with no hair in the crown area who went to Turkey and ended up getting 2500 grafts. He loves the results and I would consider it a success for him.

For whatever reason however the quotes I am getting range between 2500 grafts to 3500 grafts. Not sure if that is to generate more fees but it seems to me that they may be trying to upsell me on the number a bit too much. I don't blame them from a sales perspective but I personally don't think I need that many to restore my hairline.

Especially since I don't really expect to have full lush hair in the front. I'm an MA type of guy and like my hair short and buzzed, so as long as there's a visible line I'm fine. Of course I may once again be mistaken in that longer thinner hair may be easier to accomplish with less grafts.

In any case what I'm looking for is the short buzzed military look if that makes any sense. That's what I have right now but the missing corners especially ruin the whole thing ;-)

The clinics I have contacted thus far, plus the quote I received - all are ABHRS members.

Alp Aslan
    2500 - 3000 grafts: $2000 package deal. It includes accommodation, medicines, shampoo-lotions, PRP treatment and airport transfers. Cheapest by far.

Dr. Kayihan Sahinoglu
    No grafts mentioned: €5000, i.e. $6,250 at the current fx rate. No package deal so you're not getting a hotel or anything else. Third most expensive offer thus far. (I know people here had bad experiences):

Dr. Ozgur Nalbant
    3100 grafts for FUE technique: €2428, i.e. $3,035 - full package deal. Those guys are the most aggressive in the sales dept. as I'm getting daily emails from them with all kinds of info and pictures. Curious if anyone here has dealt with the in the past.

I asked them about really needing that many grafts and they came back saying that I would have a 'good result' with 2500 grafts. Seems fair but I still think they are pushing the # of grafts too much. I really don't want to get more than 2500 and probably would be happy with being a bit thinner in the crown as it is right now.

Dr. Ahmet Hakan Doganay
    3500 grafts: €6,250 = $7,812 only includes pickup. Second most expensive offer. I may as well go the States then or do it in W. Europe.

AEK Hair Institute
    5000 hairs - they don't mention grafts but since they use FUE I think it's between 2000 to 2000 grafts: €5000, i.e. $6,250 for the full package.

Dr. Tayfun and Dr. Sait Gökhan Bircan at DrtHair
    3500 grafts: €3500, i.e. $4375 full package incl. CRP Cytokinin plasma therapy, whatever that is. They mention it's newer than PRP and more effective.

Hairmedico - Dr. Arslan Musbeh
    3000 to 3500 grafts: $3,300 package deal incl. PRP

getFue Clinic - Dr. Ayhan Colak
    3500 grafts via FUE: €2900, i.e. $3,625 including PRP - no package deal.

Dr. Kaan Pekiner
    2500 grafts - no price estimate yet. Will update once I get it.

HLC/Hairline Clinic Hair Transplant Center Turkey
    2500 - 3000 grafts via FUE: €6,750 - €8,100, i.e. $8,427 - $10,125 - small package 'deal' (cough). Most expensive offer thus far.

BTW, all doctors thus far claim that I have a great donor area in the back and won't need beard or body hair, which wouldn't look right anyway. I'm glad to hear that but I also want to lose as little hair in the back as possible (again due to my preference for very short hair).

Apologies for the long post - and thanks for your patience if you made down this far