Hair Restoration In Turkey - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Hair Restoration In Turkey

Hey guys - new here and I hope this post doesn't violate any forum etiquette as my goal is to identify a short list of trustworthy and experienced clinics/doctors in Turkey. Yes there are a few pertinent threads already but I was hoping to get a no-nonsense run down of clinics several of the members here have had good experiences with.

Please see the attached pictures to get a rough idea of my NW rating - I think I'm an NW3 or less. I have circled the 'barren' corners and dotted the areas which may require a bit of refilling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3727.jpg

Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	56255

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3726.jpg

Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	56256

For the past 10 years or so I have been using Minoxidil, slowly increasing the percentages from 5% to 12%. In August 2017 I stepped up the product to Dualgen 15 Plus which contains finasteride. Thus far I have not experienced excessive shedding probably because I had already been on the high potency Minoxidil version. Unfortunately I have not noticed any significant regrowth - on the upside I don't think I'm losing more right now but it is difficult to be objective unless one takes pictures regularly.

My budget ranges around the $2.5k mark based on my own perception of what I need. Which is about 2000 to 2500 grafts. I may be mistaken as I don't know too much about hair replacement. My main reference is a much balder friend of mine with no hair in the crown area who went to Turkey and ended up getting 2500 grafts. He loves the results and I would consider it a success for him.

For whatever reason however the quotes I am getting range between 2500 grafts to 3500 grafts. Not sure if that is to generate more fees but it seems to me that they may be trying to upsell me on the number a bit too much. I don't blame them from a sales perspective but I personally don't think I need that many to restore my hairline.

Especially since I don't really expect to have full lush hair in the front. I'm an MA type of guy and like my hair short and buzzed, so as long as there's a visible line I'm fine. Of course I may once again be mistaken in that longer thinner hair may be easier to accomplish with less grafts.

In any case what I'm looking for is the short buzzed military look if that makes any sense. That's what I have right now but the missing corners especially ruin the whole thing ;-)

The clinics I have contacted thus far, plus the quote I received - all are ABHRS members.

Alp Aslan
    2500 - 3000 grafts: $2000 package deal. It includes accommodation, medicines, shampoo-lotions, PRP treatment and airport transfers. Cheapest by far.

Dr. Kayihan Sahinoglu
    No grafts mentioned: €5000, i.e. $6,250 at the current fx rate. No package deal so you're not getting a hotel or anything else. Third most expensive offer thus far. (I know people here had bad experiences):

Dr. Ozgur Nalbant
    3100 grafts for FUE technique: €2428, i.e. $3,035 - full package deal. Those guys are the most aggressive in the sales dept. as I'm getting daily emails from them with all kinds of info and pictures. Curious if anyone here has dealt with the in the past.

I asked them about really needing that many grafts and they came back saying that I would have a 'good result' with 2500 grafts. Seems fair but I still think they are pushing the # of grafts too much. I really don't want to get more than 2500 and probably would be happy with being a bit thinner in the crown as it is right now.

Dr. Ahmet Hakan Doganay
    3500 grafts: €6,250 = $7,812 only includes pickup. Second most expensive offer. I may as well go the States then or do it in W. Europe.

AEK Hair Institute
    5000 hairs - they don't mention grafts but since they use FUE I think it's between 2000 to 2000 grafts: €5000, i.e. $6,250 for the full package.

Dr. Tayfun and Dr. Sait Gökhan Bircan at DrtHair
    3500 grafts: €3500, i.e. $4375 full package incl. CRP Cytokinin plasma therapy, whatever that is. They mention it's newer than PRP and more effective.

Hairmedico - Dr. Arslan Musbeh
    3000 to 3500 grafts: $3,300 package deal incl. PRP

getFue Clinic - Dr. Ayhan Colak
    3500 grafts via FUE: €2900, i.e. $3,625 including PRP - no package deal.

Dr. Kaan Pekiner
    2500 grafts - no price estimate yet. Will update once I get it.

HLC/Hairline Clinic Hair Transplant Center Turkey
    2500 - 3000 grafts via FUE: €6,750 - €8,100, i.e. $8,427 - $10,125 - small package 'deal' (cough). Most expensive offer thus far.

BTW, all doctors thus far claim that I have a great donor area in the back and won't need beard or body hair, which wouldn't look right anyway. I'm glad to hear that but I also want to lose as little hair in the back as possible (again due to my preference for very short hair).

Apologies for the long post - and thanks for your patience if you made down this far

Which doctor are you leaning towards...? This is like 1/10th the cost in Vancouver, Canada.

New offer came in:

Dr. Meltem Halbuni - Newage Clnic Istanbul

€3450 done by doctor himself and €1850 if the doctor supervises. So that's $4312 or $2312. Includes pickup and treatment cost.

I got back another clarification from Newage Clinic Istanbul and AEK Hair after I asked about the number of grafts:

AEK:

Hello again sir,

It is around 2000-2500 grafts and please note that our pricing is not based on numbers but session.

Unfortunately %95 of the clinics in Turkey are technician clinics. They always give unrealistic graft numbers. It is best to get the most hairs but the least number of grafts: The hair loss patient needs hair for coverage, not grafts. It is better to get more hair, but less grafts. Lets assume you need 5000 hairs. Would you like to get this from 4000 grafts or 2000 grafts? Obviously, the answer is 2000. We would like to get the most hair from the least number of surgical wounds at the donor area and the recipient area. This is determined by the quality of graft extraction, which depends on the skills of the surgeon doing the extraction.

And the graft number agreement motivates the clinic to reach a number, not a result: Hair loss patients need a quality treatment, not a number. Agreement on graft number, results in most clinics trying to get as many grafts as possible, while risking huge amount of donor hair wasted and eventually donor depletion.

NewAge Clinic:

thanks for your question.
    The issue is that if your skin can be seen so a transplantation is needed which is your case. This is why you have received this offer from us.
    Per square cm in between 35-55 grafts will be transplanted. Only filling in your temples and to restore a new hairline will need 2500 grafts.

I don't know that much about hair transplantation but the AEK response sound a lot more ethical and professional to me. That said AEK is right that in that my skin is showing on top which at this point hasn't bothered me too much. May become an issue however if it progresses (I'm not applying topical fin there as well).

Dr. Kaan Pekiner

2500 - 3000 grafts via FUE: €6,750 - €8,100, i.e. $8,427 - $10,125 - small package 'deal' (cough). Most expensive offer thus far.

I would consult with these two only. They used to work together, until Dr Pekiner branched out on his own. I believe they have over 10 years FUE experience each. HLC posts excellent results, they seem to have mastered body hair fue also. They use `stick and place` and work with low numbers to ensure graft survival and I think the entire procedure is carried out by Dr Ozgur and another doc.

Both are members of fue Europe that meet annually, Dr Ozgur teamed up with a well known US fue only Doc to offer training to other docs.

Hope this helps dont forget post your results as it helps others!

ej

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    Dr. Kaan Pekiner

I would consult with these two only. They used to work together, until Dr Pekiner branched out on his own. I believe they have over 10 years FUE experience each. HLC posts excellent results, they seem to have mastered body hair fue also. They use `stick and place` and work with low numbers to ensure graft survival and I think the entire procedure is carried out by Dr Ozgur and another doc.

Both are members of fue Europe that meet annually, Dr Ozgur teamed up with a well known US fue only Doc to offer training to other docs.

Hope this helps dont forget post your results as it helps others!

ej
    Hi ejj - thanks for the pointer. Unfortunately Dr. Pekiner has not returned my request for a price quote and HLC is way outside my budget. As I said, given that I may as well just do it in the U.S.

I'd pay half of that if it's a reputable clinic.

Dr. Kaan has nine years total experience in the field, but he was a medical assistant to Dr. Keser up to late 2011 which gave him two years of experience by then, since he started in 2009. Since he went to HLC he only did 500 procedures, which isn't a lot over the course of six or so years. I'm not questioning his abilities, but his stated experience is not extensive.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Good afternoon Mr. Strable,

we are happy to present you a cost assessment. The FUE Hair transplant will be done under a local anesthetic, so that a pain-free and comfortable sitting can be guaranteed.

After forwarding the images to the clinic, the assessment from Dr. Balwi has now arrived and we thank you for your patience.

Package 2 - 3000 Grafts for the FUE Hair Transplant including PRP treatment, Hotel, Transfer etc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Costs of the FUE Hair Transplant till 3000 grafts:

1650€

Costs for the PRP Treatment:

150€

Costs for the Hotel (2 nights), single room with breakfast and VIP transfers to the 4* Nidya Hotel Esenyurt (or Ramada Kaya Hotel Istanbul)
    150€

The final price of the package is 1950€ with PRP Treatment / 1800€ without PRP Treatment

My quote. This Dr looks very good too. Hospital looks very nice and 4 star hotel. You can check them out on facebook.

When do you plant on going? you going alone? I'm up for going not sure I like the thought of Turkey but cant be that bad can it?

Look up Matt Dominance youtube. This did his hair and the results look pretty dang good. I would be extremely happy with that result. My issue isn't real bad but in a few years I could do see it getting worse so I would rather tackle the issue sooner rather than later. Email me strable@hotmail.com we can share info. Glad I'm not the only 1 looking to Turkey. I was going to go to the Dominican but they wanted 5,000 dollars for 2300 graft and the hotel/clinic wasn't very nice. This clinic in Turkey looks to be state of the Art and very very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Dr. Kaan has nine years total experience in the field, but he was a medical assistant to Dr. Keser up to late 2011 which gave him two years of experience by then, since he started in 2009. Since he went to HLC he only did 500 procedures, which isn't a lot over the course of six or so years. I'm not questioning his abilities, but his stated experience is not extensive.
    Hi Joe - I welcome your insights but it seems to me that your standards are way beyond what I would call reasonable, especially when looking for an affordable deal. Now I am the first one to admit that I know almost NOTHING about hair restoration techniques but 500 procedures would advance almost anyone to near expert level. Am I missing anything?