+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn13fl View Post
    I had my transplant done in turkey, and can say it was one of the best decisions of my life. Looking in the mirror and smiling at your hairline is priceless. I wear my hair shorter than yours, so I know how hard it is to find FUE transplant pictures of men with cropped hair styles. There are no visible scars, and the transplant looks naturally when cut short. We have similar a balding pattern. My hair loss is from the front temple area as well. The clinic put in 1300 grafts to fill in temple area and make my hairline even in the front. The clinic I went to charges per procedure not grafts. So getting 1300 or 5000 grafts is the same price. I believe it came out to $2300, with hotel, breakfast and meds included. I’m sure I was like most of you, I kept dragging my feet for a couple years going through periods of intense research on transplants, then months of not thinking about it. My advice to you would be to book it now. If you don’t have the $$, then put it on a credit card haha. It’s a life changing procedure and there is considerable recovery time. Takes about 8-10 months to get full results maybe a little longer. So as of this posting, you’re looking at early 2019 before your transplant fills in and you see results.
    Another thing, I wouldn’t recommend going to a clinic where the dr preforms the trasplant himself. Extracting the hair follicles is a very low skill job, but very labor intensive especially with larger transplants. So ask yourself, would you rather have 2 thirty year old technicians that all they do in life is extract hair folicals, do this very easy but labor intensive job simultaneously, or an old frumpy entitled dr that pulled up to work in his S-class Mercedes? I’ll take the two young techs any day of the week. I have full confidence that if they gave me the extracting tool and a hour or two of practice, I’d be efficient at extracting follicles myself, just trying to get my point across that it’s not rocket science, manicuresist and hair stylist require more skill than extracting hair follicles. There are two parts of the procedure that I would say requires medical experience and/or artistry, first is the person that gives you injections to numb your head, then the person that puts the holes in your head where the follicals will be placed. So don’t pay a dr double the amount to do half the work at a lower quality than these techs can do. Any questions feel free to ask.

Have you been drinking ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn13fl View Post
    I believe it came out to $2300, with hotel, breakfast and meds included. .
    Were the meds and breakfast a throw in for flying to Turkey to get a HT

Default Hair transplant turkey

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Were the meds and breakfast a throw in for flying to Turkey to get a HT
    Yes the meds and breakfast were included in the package. The flight to Istanbul was around $650.

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    Have you been drinking ?
    Haha. Dr’s skills should be left to do actual surgeries. They buzz your hair all the way down. The technician uses this pen like device, lines the tip of the device up with the folical, presses it down for half a sec and boom! The folical comes out. Not exactly open heart surgery. It takes 1 second to extract a folical. Within 10 seconds they’ve extracted 10 folicals. It’s really that fast. Of course the technicians are looking at your hair pattern and the angles the hair is growing to ensure removal of the complete Folical. I’m not a doctor tho, I’m just someone who had the procedure done. Can you tell us the intricacy of the procedure that I’m missing? I’m not trying to be a smart ass, I was surprised by the ease and efficiency of removing the folicals. The technicians remove probably 10 times a many folicals per month as a doctor, so if it’s experience, I would argue the technicians have more.

How much did the actual HT cost - not including breakfast , dinner, snacks, shampoos, hotel , airfare etc .--------in USD or Cnd $
    tjhanks

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    Have you been drinking ?
    You get my vote for post of the week.

I had my transplant done in turkey, and can say it was one of the best decisions of my life. Looking in the mirror and smiling at your hairline is priceless. I wear my hair shorter than yours, so I know how hard it is to find FUE transplant pictures of men with cropped hair styles. There are no visible scars, and the transplant looks naturally when cut short. We have similar a balding pattern. My hair loss is from the front temple area as well. The clinic put in 1300 grafts to fill in temple area and make my hairline even in the front. The clinic I went to charges per procedure not grafts. So getting 1300 or 5000 grafts is the same price. I believe it came out to $2300, with hotel, breakfast and meds included. I’m sure I was like most of you, I kept dragging my feet for a couple years going through periods of intense research on transplants, then months of not thinking about it. My advice to you would be to book it now. If you don’t have the $$, then put it on a credit card haha. It’s a life changing procedure and there is considerable recovery time. Takes about 8-10 months to get full results maybe a little longer. So as of this posting, you’re looking at early 2019 before your transplant fills in and you see results.
    Another thing, I wouldn’t recommend going to a clinic where the dr preforms the trasplant himself. Extracting the hair follicles is a very low skill job, but very labor intensive especially with larger transplants. So ask yourself, would you rather have 2 thirty year old technicians that all they do in life is extract hair folicals, do this very easy but labor intensive job simultaneously, or an old frumpy entitled dr that pulled up to work in his S-class Mercedes? I’ll take the two young techs any day of the week. I have full confidence that if they gave me the extracting tool and a hour or two of practice, I’d be efficient at extracting follicles myself, just trying to get my point across that it’s not rocket science, manicuresist and hair stylist require more skill than extracting hair follicles. There are two parts of the procedure that I would say requires medical experience and/or artistry, first is the person that gives you injections to numb your head, then the person that puts the holes in your head where the follicals will be placed. So don’t pay a dr double the amount to do half the work at a lower quality than these techs can do. Any questions feel free to ask.
    Anyone that is encouraging someone else to "just do it" and put it on a CC if they have to, "LOL" is either incredibly naive or gets a referral commission from the clinic. One thing I'm learning, and I'm in the middle of gathering proof, is that a lot of "patients" of these Turkish clinics are getting paid 100 to 300 euros for each new patient they send. This includes the Youtube influencers that are talking about their own Turkish hair transplant experiences that have a link to the clinic in every video description. To explain the intricacies of FUE extraction to someone that thinks that a manicurest would be better suited than a doctor, Mercedes S class or not (I prefer AMG), would take far too long to assemble in one post for one member.

You said you had your procedure with Dr. Maral and you pointed to the link on Dr. Maral's forum. Where is your result? We only see the freshly placed grafts,
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post

Anyone that is encouraging someone else to "just do it" and put it on a CC if they have to, "LOL" is either incredibly naive or gets a referral commission from the clinic. One thing I'm learning, and I'm in the middle of gathering proof, is that a lot of "patients" of these Turkish clinics are getting paid 100 to 300 euros for each new patient they send. This includes the Youtube influencers that are talking about their own Turkish hair transplant experiences that have a link to the clinic in every video description. To explain the intricacies of FUE extraction to someone that thinks that a manicurest would be better suited than a doctor, Mercedes S class or not (I prefer AMG), would take far too long to assemble in one post for one member.

You said you had your procedure with Dr. Maral and you pointed to the link on Dr. Maral's forum. Where is your result? We only see the freshly placed grafts,
    Ha - you beat me to it. You know what - FE extraction is such a low skill job, why not do it yourself? Joe, how about next video you post is a DIY guide on how to rip those suckers out of your skull and then implant them. Screw surgical tools and a microscope, I'm convinced a stapler would do the trick with only marginal loss rate.

Alright, snark out. One thing I've learned in my life is that 'good advice' is cheap and bountiful, and that's exactly what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post

Hi Joe, I have the same suspicion. Previously I thought that that clinics mostly write positive reviews by themselves - using large database of photos of their patients who send these photos back to the clinick for a "check up". But after a discussion I've had here https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...sults-Progress It seems to me, that there are a lot of such paid patients as you describe.
    Way or another, It is very dangerous not to do a deep research. I am a very cautiious peson but in case of a hair transplant I thought that nothing can go wrong about it and that was a terrible failure. I still cant't explain to myself why I was so stupid. For all who want to know what happened to me, here is my thread https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...h-Cinik-Turkey

I have researched about Turkey, stay away from small clinics! Clinics are not professional at all. Prefer hospitals, especially JCI certificated hospitals trustable.

Matt Dominance had one of the worst hair transplants I have ever seen, nothing looks natural about it. I'm not bashing the guy, he seems very nice, but the results of his procedure are shocking