+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aaron32 View Post
    Good afternoon Mr. Strable,

we are happy to present you a cost assessment. The FUE Hair transplant will be done under a local anesthetic, so that a pain-free and comfortable sitting can be guaranteed.

After forwarding the images to the clinic, the assessment from Dr. Balwi has now arrived and we thank you for your patience.

Package 2 - 3000 Grafts for the FUE Hair Transplant including PRP treatment, Hotel, Transfer etc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Costs of the FUE Hair Transplant till 3000 grafts:

1650€

Costs for the PRP Treatment:

150€

Costs for the Hotel (2 nights), single room with breakfast and VIP transfers to the 4* Nidya Hotel Esenyurt (or Ramada Kaya Hotel Istanbul)
    150€

The final price of the package is 1950€ with PRP Treatment / 1800€ without PRP Treatment

My quote. This Dr looks very good too. Hospital looks very nice and 4 star hotel. You can check them out on facebook.

When do you plant on going? you going alone? I'm up for going not sure I like the thought of Turkey but cant be that bad can it?
    I am planning on going later this year, probably toward fall. Six months ago I started on Minox15 with included topical 1% Finasteride - with the latter being the first time for me. So I want to give this route a final chance hoping that I may fill in a little more on top before I resort to surgery.

The offer you received beats all of mine - what Dr. or clinic is that?

Quote Originally Posted by aaron32 View Post
    Look up Matt Dominance youtube. This did his hair and the results look pretty dang good. I would be extremely happy with that result. My issue isn't real bad but in a few years I could do see it getting worse so I would rather tackle the issue sooner rather than later. Email me strable@hotmail.com we can share info. Glad I'm not the only 1 looking to Turkey. I was going to go to the Dominican but they wanted 5,000 dollars for 2300 graft and the hotel/clinic wasn't very nice. This clinic in Turkey looks to be state of the Art and very very nice.
    Checked out his video four, five, and ten months in. His hairline looks a bit weird in the beginning - is that normal or to be expected? Otherwise he looks great ten months in and I'd be super happy with those results.

yeah plus you cant beat the price. its you facebook type in ElitHair Transplant Turkey - Dr. Balwi

For the money I'm just gonna get it done and not look back. I mean things will only get worse. My condition isn't horrible but it bugs me so for that kind of money I'm all in. How do you feel about traveling to Turkey? You gonna make the trip alone?

I think I'm gonna go in January possibly. As for his hairline his condition was pretty bad whole top of his head was pretty much bald so to even have a hairline again like that to me is amazing. They told me 3000 graft another place said 2300 so 3000 sounds great to me the more the better. Ive been using Minoxidil for 8 months and see no difference. It basically just strengthens the hairs you have and make them thicker.

Let me know what you think after you check them out. Check out the hotel online and hospital. everything looks top notch

Quote Originally Posted by norwoodthree View Post
    Hi Joe - I welcome your insights but it seems to me that your standards are way beyond what I would call reasonable, especially when looking for an affordable deal. Now I am the first one to admit that I know almost NOTHING about hair restoration techniques but 500 procedures would advance almost anyone to near expert level. Am I missing anything?
    Hi NW3,

I appreciate your comments but I can't say they're beyond reasonable since there are several that currently meet my standards, but I get what you're saying.

I'll clarify, however, as my standards are pretty simple. Be a part of the IAHRS. Do solid work, have a strong track record, don't bullshit patients, don't give unreasonable guarantees, make sure you communicate well, both before and after surgery with your patients, understand the details that make a result natural, don't use gimmicks, follow proper medical protocols, don't take shortcuts, tell patients the downsides not just the upsides to surgery, don't depend on illegal shit just to keep your doors open, and just treat people right. This is what I look for in doctors that want to work with me as they have to be doctors I'd legitimately consider for my own needs. I really don't think that is unreasonable.

Your question about the number of cases is fair, but keep in mind that the MINIMUM requirement for IAHRS membership is 500 cases (among other things) and it's taken this doctor five years to get there. Now, part of this has to do with, I imagine, taking two or three days to complete one patient case, and that makes sense in today's FUE world, but 500 cases just isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things. I'm not saying it's bad, but it isn't really expert level, in my opinion. I'm sure he's fine for straight forward cases, but it takes more experience to have an understanding that allows one to deal with surprises, or to take on trickier cases.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Please, watch.

Joe Tillman

GREAT VID, Joe - what camera did you use if I may ask? I'm just getting set up with a DSLR to produce some (non hair related) videos. Audio also sounding full - condenser?

Anyway, awesome information and definitely much to think about. There is no way I want a hairline like the one you showed in the beginning, no f..ing way! ;-)

I'm using the Sony A6300 along with a Sigma 16mm 1.4 lens. The mic is the Rode Film Maker Pro. I got this with the intention of run and gun vlogging which hasn't really happened much yet
    Joe Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    I'm using the Sony A6300 along with a Sigma 16mm 1.4 lens. The mic is the Rode Film Maker Pro. I got this with the intention of run and gun vlogging which hasn't really happened much yet
    Brilliant little camera and well done production. You should keep making those. IMO much more effective than responding here - although I really appreciate your perspectives. Why not produce a whole series on the turkish hair restoration industry?

@JoeTillman - so I just finished your video. You mention Dr. Sikos Geza in Budapest and I checked him out:

https://www.shklinika.hu/hair-transplant-costs.html

Great offer in terms of price ESPECIALLY if he's using a microscope. What are your thoughts on him and his clinic?

Quote Originally Posted by norwoodthree View Post
    Brilliant little camera and well done production. You should keep making those. IMO much more effective than responding here - although I really appreciate your perspectives. Why not produce a whole series on the turkish hair restoration industry?
    Thanks

I'm working on something that might allow me to do just that. I'm not going to go back to Turkey for it, but I may have an inside man for the job
    Joe Tillman