Looking for a recommendation on Scar repairs - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Looking for a recommendation on Scar repairs

Hi All;

I got hair plugs in the 1980's from a butcher. Absolutely ruined my life for many years. I got it fixed fairly well in the early 1990's from a doctor I vetted much more carefully. After that, it was still not great, and it still affected my life, but eventually I realized that life has a lot more to it than my appearance.

My hair continued to fall out. I realized my best option was to shave it. The only problem was the two scars on the back of my head. The one from the good doctor is pretty thin.. the butcher scars are large, circular holes.

About six year ago, I had my scalp done with pigmentation. From the front and sides, it looked GREAT. But people noticed the scars and knew instantly what they are from. The pigmentation hid it fairly well in the right lighting, but in the office, for example, they are bad.

So the question is.. I am reading that a combination of several different procedures/treatments could make those scars even less visible and would like to find the best doctor(s) on the planet to take a look at it and see what they might be able to do. So recommendations would be helpful. Don't worry, I will do my own vetting. ;-)

Also.. would effect could the pigmentation have on any of the possible procedures to reduce the visibility of the scars?

Thanks!

I posted this on another thread but this guy has been through it all and is very knowledgeable.

http://hairtransplantrepair.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    I posted this on another thread but this guy has been through it all and is very knowledgeable.

http://hairtransplantrepair.blogspot.com/
    Good story, but I don't think that is what I am looking for.

1. What are ALL the available options for scar repair on the back of my head?
    2. Who are the doctors who are best at any or all of those?

The clinic in Belgium is one I will check out through.. thank you!

Dr. Wong in Vancover would be a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridger View Post
    Good story, but I don't think that is what I am looking for.

1. What are ALL the available options for scar repair on the back of my head?
    2. Who are the doctors who are best at any or all of those?

The clinic in Belgium is one I will check out through.. thank you!
    Options
    1 add fue to the scars. Won't completely fix the problem but will lessen it similar to smp. The combination of the two could make it not be bad at all. DR Cole is known for his fue into scar repairs.
    2. remove the scar tissue. Which would probably involve removing the round scars and making them appear as more linear. Dr vogel in Baltimore is known as a very good surgeon for repair work wouldn't hurt to give him a call.

Thank you! I am not familiar with Dr. Cole, where is he?

Pajason, have you had any experience with Dr. Cole and FUE into the scar? I was told a revision is out of the question for me because I have two scars. I would like to remove the pugs from up top and FUE them into the scar. I dont want to sacrifice anymore donor hair. I have heard good things about Dr. Cole's ability in this area. However, I have never met a real live person that has undergone this procedure so that I can see the results. Just pictures and pictures is what got me into trouble the first time. With everything that I have gone through I can't make a move until I see what to expect from a real life patient. My hair is thin and only looks good with a #1 or #2 guard cut.

I have also been considering a local Dr. hear in Cincinnati named Dr. Bradley Wolf. Have you any info on him? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dmeyer8 View Post
    Pajason, have you had any experience with Dr. Cole and FUE into the scar? I was told a revision is out of the question for me because I have two scars. I would like to remove the pugs from up top and FUE them into the scar. I dont want to sacrifice anymore donor hair. I have heard good things about Dr. Cole's ability in this area. However, I have never met a real live person that has undergone this procedure so that I can see the results. Just pictures and pictures is what got me into trouble the first time. With everything that I have gone through I can't make a move until I see what to expect from a real life patient. My hair is thin and only looks good with a #1 or #2 guard cut.

I have also been considering a local Dr. hear in Cincinnati named Dr. Bradley Wolf. Have you any info on him? Thanks!
    I have not had this procedure with DR cole. I have had a transplant with him but not fue into scar. One issue I could see with what you want to do is your going to leave small scars in the area where you are taking out the old plugs, if your not putting hair around it.
    AS to wolf I have heard good things, pretty sure he used to be a member of this site but had some health issues and sort of wasn't real involved in HT for a bit. Think he is back to doing them again. Another DR to check out if your in OH or close would be Haber in cleveland.

Tried contacting Dr. Cole.. I got a note back from a secretary asking for photos.. sent the photos, heard nothing, sent a follow up email to see if they got the photos, no response. Either A) His office is HORRIBLE at responding to emails, of B) They took one look at my photos and went screaming.

I think it's B, because that is what I do when I see the scars.