+ Reply to Thread

Question Finasteride(Propecia) Side Effects, Advice Needed Please

Hi guys!

I had an issue regarding finasteride and would most appreciate your knowledge and experience. I was experiencing mild thinning and miniaturization at my hairline and mild thinning at the crown so, I wanted to take something to at least help maintain my hair and ideally regrow it in addition to the Nizoral that I was using once a week. Therefore, THREE MONTHS AGO(during a stressful time) I took 0.5mg finasteride EVERYDAY for a week but experienced moderate testicular aching which became worse at night and 'softer' erections so I stopped. ONE MONTH AFTER I stopped, I decided to give finasteride another try. This time I started with 0.25mg EOD for a week, then 0.25mg EVERYDAY for a week and for the past 6 weeks I have been taking 0.5mg EVERYDAY. I didn't experience testicular pain this time around but have worryingly noticed that since I have been taking finasteride again that I get spontaneous erections less frequently, that my erections feel 'softer', that it is generally more difficult to get an erection and I rarely get morning wood now whereas I used to get it very often before and I think facially my bone structure is less defined, from what I have read this is possibly due to finasteride causing water retention as my weight has stayed the same. I would really like to maintain and ideally regrow my hair but not if these side effects are persistent whilst on finasteride.

I was wondering what your advice would be for me in this case? If I carry on taking finasteride do you think that these sexual side effects eventually go?

Many thanks in advance!