+ Reply to Thread

Default I want to change hair shampoo

Hi all, not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this but i have had a few small fue procedures all in the temple area and some in the middle front part of my head.

I was just wondering what shampoo most people use for long term.

Do you guys just use whatever you want and whenever you want like when you were younger? For example now i carry around johnsons baby shampoo everywhere but when i was younger i use to use whatever was available and in my teenage years i use to use a shampoo and then a conditioner and then blow dry afterwards.

I have only been using baby shampoo for the last year due to paranoia. When i started using it i actually felt like my hair was thicker with this than anything but now it feels kind of weird so maybe its time for a change.

I dont use nizoral or anything like that but this is just to be used once or twice i belive and not daily?

what do most of you guys use daily? I am 9 months post op now btw from my last fue.

While i am already asking such a silly question :-( can i also ask you all for your styling tips as well. Like me do you all have to wash it daily to get it looking right. Can any of you just wake up and go to work without washing it like when we were younger or is this just the nature of transplanted hair where it needs to be washed daily

thanks in advance to anyone who replies

Doctor Representative

Default Shampoo

We get this question all of the time. Dr. McAndrews explains it this way. Your hair is not alive, it is keratin produced by the body, much like your fingernails. We shampoo our hair to remove excess oils produced by the sebacious glands on the scalp, and product build up. But a certain amount of moisture is needed to keep the hair shaft smooth and looking healthy.

No one shampoo is really better than another. Baby shampoo has a different PH and can negatively effect colored hair. (Most guys don't color, but it is something to be aware of.) It removes more oil than the average shampoo and is stripping away some of the natural moisture that you want to keep in your hair shaft, so it's not an ideal product for regular use. We have patients use it in the post op period, but return to their normal products after 2 weeks.

There are some great thickening shampoos on the market. They don't actually thicken the hair shaft, but they coat it and help it look and feel thicker. Experiment and find the product that works best for you. Expensive doesn't always mean better, but consider asking your stylist for a recommendation. They usually try a lot of products and can help guide you.
    I am a representative for Paul J. McAndrews, M.D.
    My goal is to help answer questions about hair loss and hair restoration in an unbiased and informative manner. For more information on Dr. McAndrews, click here http://www.iahrs.org/DisplayProfile....%EA&sID=%B2%9A or http://www.hairgrowthdoctor.com/.

Dr. Cole recommends patients use Hair Cycle (www.haircycle.com) shampoo and products post-surgery. The HC shampoo is all-natural, and therefore as gentle as baby shampoo, but more effective at eliminating sebum build-up in the follicle. It also contains biotin, proteins and DHT inhibitors to fight further loss of native hair.

Robin - thank you. have you had a procedure before? If yes what do you use

CIT girl - thank you. i am nearly one year out now. This looks like it is for post op

Just wondering is there is a pattern to what people use or if its all very random. I would love to use a shampoo and then a conditioner straight after but im paranoid of it starting more less.

what a right headf**k this hair nonesense is :-(

Default Come on guys please advise....

Some more answers please :-(

Is there anyone here who just use to act like when they were younger and just use anything or do people stick to a particular brand/type???

Is using the same shampoo for 15 months a bad idea?