+ Reply to Thread

Default Scar Repair from 1991 HT

I received two surgeries. one in 1991 (when I was 24) from the Bosley Group and one in 1992 from Dominic Brandy in Pittsburgh. I was young and insecure and very trusting. I went into Bosley to get information and they pressured me to get surgery on the spot. Offered to pay for the airline ticket and discount the price if I did it on the spot. I caved in to the pressure and went for it. Needless to say the results were not that great but I thought it was better than having a receding hairline. After many years (I am 52 now) I lost more hair and the transplant is now more noticeable. I was really too young to do it in the first place. I would like to shave my head but the scar from the donor site is very visible. I don't believe I am a good candidate for more transplants. Now that I am older I don't mind being bald. I would like to pull the transplanted hairs (some are plugs some are small hairs (pitting in the skin because they were place too deep) and use them to camoflage the scar. Has any one done this? I am thinking to go to New York and see Dr. Wolfeld from the Bernstein Group. I cannot have the tranplants because they look pitted.

Wasn't Brandy doing scalp reductions or am I thinking of someone else? Where do you live?

Yes, that is the same Dominic Brandy. I live in Cincinnati but he is in Pittsburgh. I already had grafts done before I went to him from Bosley so he continued it. Thank God otherwise I could have had the scalp reduction. Brandy's work was terrible. To date my biggest concern is getting the scars fixed with hair and doing something about the pluggy appearance of his work. I was too young when I had it done. I got a away with it at the time because my existing hair filtrated his implants. However, as I aged I lost more hair exposing the HT more.

I would like to wear a shorter hair cut. In order to do that I need to implant hair back into the scar. Never thought I would be looking at HT to address a HT. In order to prevent this from becoming never ending I am looking at a reversal. Removing the implants and using the hair to fix the scars. I will probably never be able to shave the head but I would to be able to come close. Any suggestions or possible surgeons?

Have you considered scalp micro-pigmentation? That's more 'temporary', and might give a natural appearance without the need for another HT.

yes, I am in the process of doing that now. However, it helps but does not hide the scar as you can see hair is missing there. I really don't mind being bald up top if I can go pretty short on the hair cut.

I am definitely not making any moves until I get evaluated by at least a couple of experts in the field about the best course of action. Dr. Bernstein and Dr. Cole are currently on my list to visit.

How about you? What is your story?

The link below is a guy named topcat that has had some repair work done and he is very knowledgeable about the process.

http://hairtransplantrepair.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dmeyer8 View Post
    yes, I am in the process of doing that now. However, it helps but does not hide the scar as you can see hair is missing there. I really don't mind being bald up top if I can go pretty short on the hair cut.

I am definitely not making any moves until I get evaluated by at least a couple of experts in the field about the best course of action. Dr. Bernstein and Dr. Cole are currently on my list to visit.

How about you? What is your story?
    I'm a little bit younger than you, I had an HT in 2011 and am still extremely happy with the results, definitely thinking seriously about getting a second one. I'm also (when I have the time) going to get some SMP into the donor scar, it is noticeable if I have my hair buzzed close, and I'd like to deal with that.

Thank you for the contact. Do you know how to get in touch with him?