+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Advice on my progress with Finasteride for a little over 6 months

I have been taking Finasteride 1mg daily for a little over 6 months, but I can't say that I'm seeing any improvement at all. When I started taking it, I noticed more shedding the following months, but now I'm back to shedding roughly the same that I was before starting.

I was hoping it would halt the shedding but it doesn't seem to work well enough for me. Can you guys share your experience and opinion? I'm thinking about continuing it for 2 more months and if I don't see any noticeable change in the amount of hair I shed, I think I might try Dutasteride.

I didn't get a result with just Fin so I added Dut in too, it's halted loss and I've seen some regrowth. However, I wouldn't recommend combining the two without seeking medical advice, anecdotal evidence does suggest doing this is safe, but who knows long term?!

Why are you taking them both? Isn't Dut enough on its own for you? How long have you been taking it and how long did it take to halt your shedding?

There was anecdotal evidence that the combination works better than either taken singly and that it's safe to take both, also that higher doses of Fin and Dut work when everything else has failed, Fin is obviously safe alone up to 5mg as that's what's used to treat an enlarged prostate, not sure about Dut.

I've been on the regime coming up a year or so, I stopped shedding within a few weeks, and saw some regrowth after a couple of months, however, it's not spectacular, just put me back to where I was, maybe a little better.

I'm not willing to drop Fin just in case the combo is what's working for me. However, YMMV, obviously.

Great to know that you managed to stop your shedding :-)

after 6 months, this is a major difference.
    Well done!

When I spoke to my doctor about the combination of fin and dut he said it better to take one or the other. If you are taking dut. Taking fin will just add unwanted sides. When I stopped the fin. I actually noticed better results with just dut. , so I understand cause I went thru same fear.

Honestly when I added viviscal with dut. I noticed a way better synergy effect than any other.

Interesting. Did your Doctor say what the 'unwanted sides' would be? I haven't noticed any (so far!).

He said that it would amplify any side effects that I was prone 2. Personally I noticed I had a problem wth sexual sides that I didn't have when using one or the other. Also mind fog is what I experienced when taking both. I guess if you are taking dut, fin serves no purpose because dut. Covers both enzyme blockage on its own