+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

I believe it is a mistake to joke about it. If we do not respect ourselves, we cannot fault others for not respecting us. Be matter of fact about wearing a wig. Don't joke about it, and don't act defensive about it. Unless the woman is very young (say, early-mid twenties) or immature, she probably won't care. I've had relationships with young women who really didn't seem to notice or care about my hair problems. It puzzled me at the time, but now that I am older, I understand: women care the most about how a man acts, not how he looks. If you dislike how you look bald, and can live with transplants or a hairpiece given your lifestyle, fine. But do it for yourself, not because you think it will get you a girl.

I have exactly the same sttrugles as you, mate. I don't have long hair, but medium in this case. Oh, and also... I'm 22 years old, also a diffuse thinner with probably worst density than yours. I made a Thread on the "Coping Hairloss in Everyday Life" and "Non Surgical Hair Replacement" sections that I think you should really take a look at. People like @BaldBearded gave me some pretty good tips.

I live in portugal and as a young male, young women are really REALLY concerned about your hair quality. To the point where even if you have a pretty good face, good eyes and strong lips. Being bald (or thinning) will be a huuuuge turn off in most cases.

Between this month and April I'll be going all-in on a good quality hair system. My dad doesn't approve this so I'll have to do it on my own. I no longer recognise myself with this shitty quality hair. I wanna be that happy boy I once was 7 years back.

I know this is a huge deal but since the current treaments are completly worthless we really gotta give it a try, mate.

Best of luck, stay strong buddy...

Quote Originally Posted by Vunoo View Post
    I have exactly the same sttrugles as you, mate. I don't have long hair, but medium in this case. Oh, and also... I'm 22 years old, also a diffuse thinner with probably worst density than yours. I made a Thread on the "Coping Hairloss in Everyday Life" and "Non Surgical Hair Replacement" sections that I think you should really take a look at. People like @BaldBearded gave me some pretty good tips.

I live in portugal and as a young male, young women are really REALLY concerned about your hair quality. To the point where even if you have a pretty good face, good eyes and strong lips. Being bald (or thinning) will be a huuuuge turn off in most cases.

Between this month and April I'll be going all-in on a good quality hair system. My dad doesn't approve this so I'll have to do it on my own. I no longer recognise myself with this shitty quality hair. I wanna be that happy boy I once was 7 years back.

I know this is a huge deal but since the current treaments are completly worthless we really gotta give it a try, mate.

Best of luck, stay strong buddy...
    I feel for you man, it sucks when it happens so young. I really hope the hair system works out for you, it may not be a perfect solution, but I'm certain its much better than balding before 40 if you get a decent one. There's only one way to find out, and it beats endless looking in the mirror/ at hairloss forums.

Good luck to you too fella.