+ Reply to Thread

Default Yanking out Hair at Bartber

Want some other peoples thoughts.

I was getting hair cut from very long, like from my shoulders, to very short because of job interview. While the girl was combing through my hair there was so many knots that so many of my hairs were being pulled out, like alot, I have only just started Dutasteride a month ago so I still have some miniaturized hairs hopefully reversing, but only just began.

Does ripping out hairs thick or thin grow back ?

Quote Originally Posted by HowardStern View Post
    Want some other peoples thoughts.

I was getting hair cut from very long, like from my shoulders, to very short because of job interview. While the girl was combing through my hair there was so many knots that so many of my hairs were being pulled out, like alot, I have only just started Dutasteride a month ago so I still have some miniaturized hairs hopefully reversing, but only just began.

Does ripping out hairs thick or thin grow back ?
    It really depends. Maybe yes, may no. Also, was the hair pulled out from the roots, or just broken off? Sorry you had to get your long hair cut, long hair rocks!

Im not sure if it was pulled out by the roots, It just was really notty and alot came out of my scalp when it was combed through, i felt it, but wouldn't it not matter if its from the root or not? its not like the folllicle can come out right? since ive been on DUT for a month, Im hoping that the follicle won't shrink

Im still looking for feedback

Quote Originally Posted by HowardStern View Post
    Im not sure if it was pulled out by the roots, It just was really notty and alot came out of my scalp when it was combed through, i felt it, but wouldn't it not matter if its from the root or not? its not like the folllicle can come out right? since ive been on DUT for a month, Im hoping that the follicle won't shrink

Im still looking for feedback
    From what I know, strong hairs that are pulled out, once or twice, will probably grow back fine. Weaker hairs that are repeatedly pulled out, may grow back weaker, and possibly stop growing. That is why tweezing or epilating the same hair, over and over has a tendency to cause the hair to grow back thinner, and slower, and sometimes stop growing back altogether (eyebrows, facial hair, etc).

I am going to guess that one session of knot pulling will not do it. I bet this is the last time you go to that hairstylist! She should NOT have done that to you. You can put conditioner in your hair to lessen the knotting. And you should probably never let your hair get into a state like that again! You are going through a lot to grow your hair back, take good care of it!