+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Post Op Blues

Can you guys tell me how many grafts you had transplanted and what type of hairloss you had? That would really benefit me as I'm considering the surgery(600-2200 grafts)Thanks!

Thats a range mate...

You got any pics for us to help? Possibly make ur own topic and gain feedback.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by postvb View Post
    Hi Spex, thanks for getting back to me. I'm NOT on any medications and only take multi-vitamins. What is DHT mean?? Should I visit the clinic again?? Suggestions please??

Thanks / Vb

postvb,

Really do some reserach on Propecia which is finasteride at 1 mg daily. Propecia is very effective in a high percent of men to greatly slow down the progression of hairloss due to MPB. IMHO, it is still the most effective hairloss med. The bottom line is that if you have any natural hair left subject to future loss, finasteride is the most effective way to save it.

DHT is the metabolite of the male hormone testosterone and attaches to many of our hair follicles and eventually destroys them. That's to those of us who have MPB and can include some women. Women however cannot take or even handle Propecia, only men.

At this point, you would do well by continuing your online research. Try doing a topical study as well on subjects relating to hairloss. The more knowledge you gain, the more you will know and understand your own situation and what questions to ask in the consultation.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Thumbs up

Bump due to a few guys in need of this i have recently spoken with who i know read the board.

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Topic bump as vital info to many at the moment.
    Regards
    Spex
    https://spexhair.com