+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Post Op Blues

It sounds like you are right on track. I am not far behind you as I had my surgery in April and have had pretty extensive shock loss in the recipient area, and donor area as well actually. Did the doctor refer to your situation as "shock loss"?

I wouldn't panic just yet; give it another 3-4 months before you even start thinking about worrying. And as you probably already know, even then, it is still too early to determine final results. I know it is tough, but hang in there.

Postv,
    no real need for concern as you are only at 3 months. Sounds like classic shockloss. Things will pick up over the next couple of months now!
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Default Hair loss after hair transplant

Thanks Plum and Spex,

The doctor mentioned about the shock-loss and was noticeable in the recipient and donor area but didn’t know it’ll even affect the original permanent hair . Moreover I also have dry scalp /dandruff and was wondering that could be a reason. As you guys told, I’ll hang in there and will keep you updated. Is there any ways to prevent to avoid the dry scalp /dandruff?? I mean any special recommendations for shampoo or special care?

Appreciate your help guys

Quote Originally Posted by postvb View Post
    Thanks Plum and Spex,

The doctor mentioned about the shock-loss and was noticeable in the recipient and donor area but didn’t know it’ll even affect the original permanent hair . Moreover I also have dry scalp /dandruff and was wondering that could be a reason. As you guys told, I’ll hang in there and will keep you updated. Is there any ways to prevent to avoid the dry scalp /dandruff?? I mean any special recommendations for shampoo or special care?

Appreciate your help guys
    postvb,

Shockloss almost always refers to the existing natural hair in the scalp. The transplanted hair usually falls out 2-3 weeks post-op which is related to the cycling of the transplated follicles entering the dormant/resting phase. It is the hair stubbles within the grafts that falls out and usually comes out with the crusts.

I would advise you to simply speak with your local pharmacist concerning any over-the-counter products for you dry scalp/dandrruff. If those products are not effective enough to address your dry scalp, you can talk with a dermatologist or just about any reputable HT surgeon for their ideas.

Best wishes to you!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Thanks Gillenator. I will talk to the pharmacist adn see if they can help me out.

Nizoral can help with dandruff, but use sparingly.

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Default Post hair loss after transplant

I'm completing 5 months of HT and still have my existing natural hair falling. Is it part of the 'Shockloss" after the post ops. At the same time I can see the transplanted hair growing and that is very encouraging. But on the other side I'm worried what if the existing natural hair does not grow. Should I be concerned? And, what else can I do?

Thanks / Vb

If you hair is still fallking out it could be due to the ongoing effect of DHT attacking it.

Are you on meds to help prevent further loss ie Propecia, Proscar?

Regards
    Spex

Quote Originally Posted by ColdSkull View Post
    I'm 7 weeks out and starting to get antsy myself...when you pay a lot of money for a car, you want to drive it immed. I'm still stuck riding the train.

I'm not obsessive with the mirror, but at this point, the only thing different about my head is the scar, a fact that is annoying.

Not much else to do but hurry up and wait.
    Imagine what it feels like to pay for a top end Ferrari and wait a year or more for delivery

p.s., this isn't something I've personally experienced. something I'd like to though

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    If you hair is still fallking out it could be due to the ongoing effect of DHT attacking it.

Are you on meds to help prevent further loss ie Propecia, Proscar?

Regards
    Spex
    Hi Spex, thanks for getting back to me. I'm NOT on any medications and only take multi-vitamins. What is DHT mean?? Should I visit the clinic again?? Suggestions please??

Thanks / Vb