Threaded View

Default Suffering from depression for a couple years, suicidal thoughts...I am lost.

At first glance you might think that this is an overdramatic post made by a teen who just lost a little hair here and there. It is not. And I don't have anyone to help me out. So could you please give me some suggestions that could add some value to my life?

Hello guys, I'm a 22 years old male who's in this battle since his 16/17s. I've started taking minoxidil and finasteride since then. Yup, pretty much 5 years. What a long journey it has been... Sadly these medications couldn't help me that much.

Well, I'm completly lost guys. I've already attempted some messed up things at myself when I was at my worst. I already tried everything..medication, hobbies, gym, talking to dermatologists, psycologists, family and even some of my friends. But it's really hard for someone who's not suffering from it to actually trully understand you, and I'm ok with that. But I really don't know what to do with my life.

Everything I've been doing so far was with no true passion. I just graduated and I don't feel like I've accomplished anything that could really make me happy.

I just got out of a relationship with a girl who didn't trully love me at all. Then I spoke it all to my mom, I said: "Mom, I no longer love myself. It's been a couple years that I feel this way and I don't know what to do. This is not me, and it's dragging me down in a way I've never imagined". She started crying, she wanted to help me. We tried some supplements and shampoos she bought but they didn't really do much.

Now this is me in the present. A white skinny boy with no facial hair who's been using topical fibers and bonnets to cover up this disease that I, sadly, care so much for. I tried buzzing my hair and then I end up looking like a poor kid who's in chemotherapy. I asked my dad if there was any chance that we could do a trip and go to a hair system store. I showed him what these hair systems were and he started yelling at me, that I was going crazy.

If there's anything that you think that I should do/consider, then please leave it here. Whether it is to treat hair loss or my depression. I'll take any suggestions in consideration.

Thank you for giving me a hand. And I hope you can enjoy yourself and live your life to the fullest. You trully deserve it.