Suffering from depression for a couple years, suicidal thoughts...I am lost.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vunoo
    • Jul 2014

Thank you so much for the conforting words, fella. This is the only place where I can speak to and people will actually listen to what I have to say. It gives me that burst of happiness that I so strongly need, sometimes. So thank you for that

You don't know how much I'd love to have a friend IRL with similar problems that I could talk with. It makes me feel so lonely.

Comment

• Balif123
      • May 2015

Hey Vunoo

There are a few things you might want to try if you haven't already. You can try Latanoprost topically, select lash topically, maybe taking a vitamin, lactobacillus which is good gut bacteria, pumpkin seed oil which is good against DHT, exercising always helps for overall good health and reducing stress, deep breathing is also good for hair growth and reducing stress/inflammation, drinking water instead of sugary drinks, there is a youtuber named Tyrone Magnus and he did fasting for 18 days and said that his hairline was filling in, you can take a antioxidant vitamin or make an antioxidant juice, some people do 'earthing" and they swear they feel better and there are some studies by the NIH on it, you can look into hair transplantation, someone had mentioned their is less fatty cells on the scalp so somek kind of a cram topically can help with that but its a breast enlargement cream that someone had mentioned on a post here and their is electrostimulation for hair growth/mesenchymal stem cells migrating from the bones to the scalp and producing hair. CMF bone stimulator on ebay and yes I will definitely be giving that a try. Cheers mate

Comment

• Vunoo
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Balif123
        Hey Vunoo

There are a few things you might want to try if you haven't already. You can try Latanoprost topically, select lash topically, maybe taking a vitamin, lactobacillus which is good gut bacteria, pumpkin seed oil which is good against DHT, exercising always helps for overall good health and reducing stress, deep breathing is also good for hair growth and reducing stress/inflammation, drinking water instead of sugary drinks, there is a youtuber named Tyrone Magnus and he did fasting for 18 days and said that his hairline was filling in, you can take a antioxidant vitamin or make an antioxidant juice, some people do 'earthing" and they swear they feel better and there are some studies by the NIH on it, you can look into hair transplantation, someone had mentioned their is less fatty cells on the scalp so somek kind of a cram topically can help with that but its a breast enlargement cream that someone had mentioned on a post here and their is electrostimulation for hair growth/mesenchymal stem cells migrating from the bones to the scalp and producing hair. CMF bone stimulator on ebay and yes I will definitely be giving that a try. Cheers mate
        Thank you for the tips mate, I'll give a try at the first ones you said since they have a low cost. Im not as inclined for the others though as they are way more costly and their results aren't really granted. A uncle of mine did 2 transplantions already. Pretty costly ones. And it didn't get that better unfortubately.

Anyway though. I'll give it a shot at those victamins and what nit. Also sports is kind of hard for me now. I have all my week filled with work full time and then my bachelors at night. Which hasnt been really easy to handle.

Once again, thank you so much for taking you time

Comment

• Falcon
          • Dec 2015

All might not agree with me but you are young and most likely have a very narrow mindset and focus.
          So you should keep taking what you do minoxidil and finasteride but take a rest about your hair solution.

Go to the doctor and get hormone blood work done.
          Who knows, you might have an underlying condition, such as you low testosterone.

If you have suicidal thoughts, it is time to seek professional help.
          Focus and try to improve these problems first.

After that, you could train in the gym and eat properly and gain some muscle.
          Fullbody workout 3 time a week, with heavy compound movements, Squat, Deadlift ect.

As a person with faith, I advice you to read about Islam.
          It is a book of guidens and it deeper layer of understanding about the world we live in.

There is strength in faith and it can help in adversity, so google quran translations english.

Comment

• Vunoo
            • Jul 2014

Hello Falcon, thanks for your suggestion. I'm an Atheist so I don't really believe in stuff like that (sadly or not). I've been looking for a decent psychologist these couple weeks. The thing about these meds is that they haven't been doing much for me, unfortunately. I've been really taking into consideration going for the hai system path and see if it bring back my happyness. I want to either go back to gym or play tenis once again, which has been kind of hard since I'll be working and studying starting next month.

Comment

• Falcon
              • Dec 2015

We all can strive towards what ever goal we have in life, no matter what faith we have.

As men we are very hardwired to seek womens acceptance and we wish to please them.

Go to youtube and listen about Mgtow, the goal is not to hate woman, but to understand yourself and inclination.

It might help you more then you might think, but you have to listen to a few videos, maybe you can seach "sandman" as a starting point..

Tennis will not get you muscle but lifting weights can and I feel better when I lift.

Comment

• Windinhair
                • Mar 2018

As dumb as this is gonna sound (cause I'm in the same boat and told myself several times) the best thing to do is focus on other aspects of your being and accept the fact your losing your hair. You can cough up a small fortune and get a transplant and run the risk of not being happy with the results or you can try min/fin and fight for every last follicle. But more than likely they won't give you the full head of hair you dream of. My advice. Experiment with different cuts. Read that book you've been interested in. Lose that weight/gain that muscle mass, go on that trip. Enjoy. Your. Life. It is soooo much more than hair my friend. You've got this

Comment

• jeffreywalton
                  • Apr 2020

I am so sorry to hear this.

Comment

• LessHairo
                    • Jun 2018

Off topic but generally related

Don't take this the wrong way, but the 2021 Boulder King Soopers shooter was quite bald for age 21. Has anyone considered that as a factor in him cracking?

He'd apparently never had a girlfriend, and Timothy McVeigh was said to be in similar straits, except for hair loss. I bring this up because when people talk of suicide, it can carry the risk of others being taken out with them, especially with America's insane gun worship.

Comment

• VirginiaArnold
                      • Jul 2021

Knowing how to deal with depression is necessary to understand: it is an illness, and a doctor should treat it. At the first signs of fatigue, bad mood, which nothing can improve, you need to react to it and rest. It is best to take a vacation. A sanatorium, a vacation home, a vacation home away from everyone will help distract you. The thought that you have no one to replace you at work will never let go, and what about children, husbands, etc. You have to realize that saving the drowning people is their concern, so you have to fight for yourself, chase the thoughts away, go to your boss, explain yourself and leave. Not for a day or two, but for longer, as circumstances permit. There is always a way out, and you need to mobilize and find a solution to apply this fast-acting remedy

Comment

• Kary
                        • Oct 2021

don't even think about that! I am sure you are a strong personality and you will cope with all the problems

Comment

• AdeleAdkins
                          • Oct 2021

Reading all these comments and learning from it. Thank you for not hesitating to share your thoughts. e-bikes for kids

Comment

• Finlay Slater
                            • Jul 2020

We must love ourselves and be able to cope with the worst adversities in our lives. Do not give up, this is only your life, and only you can change something. Perhaps https://studyhippo.com/essay-examples/adversity/ will help you because there are a large number of essays on adversity collected there. Surround yourself with only positive people and learn to think positively. You will definitely be healthy, but please do not forget about the importance of your mental health.

Comment

• Josh Albright
                              • Apr 2022

Oh mental health is very important, I hope you can recover from this situation.https://www.sfweekly.com/sponsored/c...ing-an-affair/

Comment

Working...