+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Don’t think chicks are just into the boys who have hair , Do you think hair is the only attractive feature of men ?,Just remember Bruce wills , Dwayne Johnson and many more
    It’s all about your Confidence
    Just be confident and concentrate on your carrer
    Everything will get fine with time
    Time heals everything
    Hit gym , Eat healthy , STAY CONFIDENT
    When you get suicidal instincts , Just remember your mother ,
    First of all you want to do all this for hair, which is just dead cells

If you are truly suffering from depression, then you need to get help from a mental health professional. It may be more than just your hair. And even if it is "just your hair", being able to talk to someone who can give you some coping tools might help.

Thank you very much for taking your time and helping a stranger out, guys. I trully, TRULLY appreciate it. I am trying to surpass the sadness that is ongoing inside me, and while hair loss may not be the only cause, it has always been something that made me feel insecure. There have been way too many events going on at the same time that didn't help my self-esteem either.

Regarding @zlatan, I go ocasionally to the gym and play tenis now and then. The thing is that those guys you mencioned represent the more masculine/matura/alpha males, with strong faces and facial tones. The clean/buzz cut doesn't favor everyone as you probably know it. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't favor me. I'm a slim white boy who has pretty much no facial hair. I've always rocked that Troye Sivan-ish look and having lack of hair will turn me into a dead corpse. Now I'm not saying that continuous gym sessions won't improve my overall structure, I'm sure it will. But it won't suddenly give you a face that will rock a clean cut.

@BaldBearded, thanks for the tips once again. I don't have many folks that I can talk to regarding this situation. The dermatologists around here (or at least the one I've been going to) aren't trully worried about your physical/mental health, and if the cause is genetic baldness they'll just say "Oh, thats male pattern baldness, mate. keep on taking finasteride and minoxidil and hope for the best". I'm there listening to it like "Well, THANK YOU sherlock for telling me to do what I've been doing since I was 17."...

Quote Originally Posted by Vunoo View Post
    Thank you very much for taking your time and helping a stranger out, guys. I trully, TRULLY appreciate it. I am trying to surpass the sadness that is ongoing inside me, and while hair loss may not be the only cause, it has always been something that made me feel insecure. There have been way too many events going on at the same time that didn't help my self-esteem either.

Regarding @zlatan, I go ocasionally to the gym and play tenis now and then. The thing is that those guys you mencioned represent the more masculine/matura/alpha males, with strong faces and facial tones. The clean/buzz cut doesn't favor everyone as you probably know it. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't favor me. I'm a slim white boy who has pretty much no facial hair. I've always rocked that Troye Sivan-ish look and having lack of hair will turn me into a dead corpse. Now I'm not saying that continuous gym sessions won't improve my overall structure, I'm sure it will. But it won't suddenly give you a face that will rock a clean cut.

@BaldBearded, thanks for the tips once again. I don't have many folks that I can talk to regarding this situation. The dermatologists around here (or at least the one I've been going to) aren't trully worried about your physical/mental health, and if the cause is genetic baldness they'll just say "Oh, thats male pattern baldness, mate. keep on taking finasteride and minoxidil and hope for the best". I'm there listening to it like "Well, THANK YOU sherlock for telling me to do what I've been doing since I was 17."...

Perhaps your depression is caused by the finasteride?

Never thought about it. Is it capable of giving ya side effects like those? That's a thing I'll have to talk about with my dermatologist.

This thread is painful to read, and I'm sure many of us recognise the feelings you are experiencing. Frankly, it's heart-breaking. Still now, when I go out and I see guys in their 50s, 60s, 70s with beautiful, thick heads of hair, it almost makes me want to cry - they have no idea how lucky they are to never experience the soul-crushing agony. Every man (and woman) should be able to grow hair (if they want to), it's simply too important to our self-image.

But, you are young. That is a big advantage. You have time on your side. Keep on keeping on, go to the gym etc. Perhaps you could set up a 'hair fund', that you pay into regularly, so that when more effective treatments come (and they will, it's been 20 years since propecia, something has to give soon), you will be ready and raring to go. Life most certainly does not end at 30, and you could (and I like to think, will) have many many years of full-head-of-hair-edness to look forward to.

Stay strong brother. I hope you find the peace you need.

Thank you so much for the conforting words, fella. This is the only place where I can speak to and people will actually listen to what I have to say. It gives me that burst of happiness that I so strongly need, sometimes. So thank you for that

You don't know how much I'd love to have a friend IRL with similar problems that I could talk with. It makes me feel so lonely.

Cool

Hey Vunoo

There are a few things you might want to try if you haven't already. You can try Latanoprost topically, select lash topically, maybe taking a vitamin, lactobacillus which is good gut bacteria, pumpkin seed oil which is good against DHT, exercising always helps for overall good health and reducing stress, deep breathing is also good for hair growth and reducing stress/inflammation, drinking water instead of sugary drinks, there is a youtuber named Tyrone Magnus and he did fasting for 18 days and said that his hairline was filling in, you can take a antioxidant vitamin or make an antioxidant juice, some people do 'earthing" and they swear they feel better and there are some studies by the NIH on it, you can look into hair transplantation, someone had mentioned their is less fatty cells on the scalp so somek kind of a cram topically can help with that but its a breast enlargement cream that someone had mentioned on a post here and their is electrostimulation for hair growth/mesenchymal stem cells migrating from the bones to the scalp and producing hair. CMF bone stimulator on ebay and yes I will definitely be giving that a try. Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by Balif123 View Post
    Hey Vunoo

There are a few things you might want to try if you haven't already. You can try Latanoprost topically, select lash topically, maybe taking a vitamin, lactobacillus which is good gut bacteria, pumpkin seed oil which is good against DHT, exercising always helps for overall good health and reducing stress, deep breathing is also good for hair growth and reducing stress/inflammation, drinking water instead of sugary drinks, there is a youtuber named Tyrone Magnus and he did fasting for 18 days and said that his hairline was filling in, you can take a antioxidant vitamin or make an antioxidant juice, some people do 'earthing" and they swear they feel better and there are some studies by the NIH on it, you can look into hair transplantation, someone had mentioned their is less fatty cells on the scalp so somek kind of a cram topically can help with that but its a breast enlargement cream that someone had mentioned on a post here and their is electrostimulation for hair growth/mesenchymal stem cells migrating from the bones to the scalp and producing hair. CMF bone stimulator on ebay and yes I will definitely be giving that a try. Cheers mate
    Thank you for the tips mate, I'll give a try at the first ones you said since they have a low cost. Im not as inclined for the others though as they are way more costly and their results aren't really granted. A uncle of mine did 2 transplantions already. Pretty costly ones. And it didn't get that better unfortubately.

Anyway though. I'll give it a shot at those victamins and what nit. Also sports is kind of hard for me now. I have all my week filled with work full time and then my bachelors at night. Which hasnt been really easy to handle.

Once again, thank you so much for taking you time

All might not agree with me but you are young and most likely have a very narrow mindset and focus.
    So you should keep taking what you do minoxidil and finasteride but take a rest about your hair solution.

Go to the doctor and get hormone blood work done.
    Who knows, you might have an underlying condition, such as you low testosterone.

If you have suicidal thoughts, it is time to seek professional help.
    Focus and try to improve these problems first.

After that, you could train in the gym and eat properly and gain some muscle.
    Fullbody workout 3 time a week, with heavy compound movements, Squat, Deadlift ect.

As a person with faith, I advice you to read about Islam.
    It is a book of guidens and it deeper layer of understanding about the world we live in.

There is strength in faith and it can help in adversity, so google quran translations english.