+ Reply to Thread

Default Shampoo question - please help!

I'm 22 and I regularly use the big 3 (Rogaine, Propecia, Nizoral).

However, I like to use a thickening shampoo on a daily basis but I'm not sure which one to use. I've been using Nexxus Volumizing Shampoo (which works great, and I honestly can say it makes my hair thicker), but I'm afraid it's not good for my hair, and actually damaging it after continued use.

Is there a thickening shampoo that is organic or natural that I can use on a daily basis without worrying about hair damage (and thus, increased hair loss)?

Please help, thanks in advance!

Dr. Cole recommends patients use both Nizoral and Hair Cycle shampoo (www.haircycle.com. He suggests using Nizoral 1% twice a week (about 3 or 4 days apart) and then using the Hair Cycle shampoo the other 5 days. You can follow up with Hair Cycle conditioner 7 days a week. We recommend leaving both shampoos and conditioners on for 5 minutes so they can penetrate the scalp and do their job.

Hair Cycle shampoo is recommended by Dr. Cole because it provides body and volume to hair but, unlike many other products on the market, contains only all-natural ingredients and is very gentle on your hair and scalp. One notably absent ingredient is Hair Cycle shampoo is sodium lauryl sulfate, the lathering agent found in almost all shampoos, which is actually derived from engine degreaser. Hair Cycle shampoo contains DHT inhibitors, anagen simulators,biotin and essential proteins.

For thickness, lock, stock and barrel thickening shampoo is amazing.. definitely can make a difference between thin and normal looking hair depending on your level of hair loss. however, it isn't 'all natural' like others, so its probably best you get something like revita or regenpure to mix it up with. I personally just use lock stock and barrel for my fringe (the thin part), and try not to rub it into my scalp too much. then use Revita for the rest.

I have yet to see any concrete evidence that SLS is bad for hair and should not be put in shampoos. And also, Dr. Lee from minoxidil puts it in his shampoo...so really... can it really be bad?

I use his shampooo and it does wonders for my hair. My scalp always feels amazing after I use it.

Most companies just take SLS out of their products to satisfy the large number of people who believe it is harmful, though there isn't any real evidence for that(I could be wrong).