View Poll Results: Do you tell friends or coworkers you are getting a hair system?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally, for sure.

2 100.00%
  • OMG, no way.

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Who do you tell?

In about three months, I will get my first hair system installed. Most people where I am currently living (Israel) have never seen me with hair.

I had dinner with the "boys" last night, two who knew, one who did not. One of them has a full head of hair (and a huge killer beard) is excited for me. The friend who did not know, was, as well, although prefers me shaved-headed and big bearded. The other friend, who is bald... is ambivalent. What he did say, was that I MUST tell folks at work, at least my team, that I share an office with. His thoughts were that if I show up with hair, no matter how amazing it looks, I will be ridiculed (it's Israel, people have 0 manners and 0 tact).

So... what have been your experiences?

Who did you tell beforehand?

Thanks,

BB

They'll probably notice it anyway if you don't tell. Assuming the new hair will be 10/10 in quality. Which ours is not. They are your friends after all mate. They're there to back you up in all circunstances. If they mock you about it, knowing your insecurities about it then they're not much of a friend, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    In about three months, I will get my first hair system installed. Most people where I am currently living (Israel) have never seen me with hair.

I had dinner with the "boys" last night, two who knew, one who did not. One of them has a full head of hair (and a huge killer beard) is excited for me. The friend who did not know, was, as well, although prefers me shaved-headed and big bearded. The other friend, who is bald... is ambivalent. What he did say, was that I MUST tell folks at work, at least my team, that I share an office with. His thoughts were that if I show up with hair, no matter how amazing it looks, I will be ridiculed (it's Israel, people have 0 manners and 0 tact).

So... what have been your experiences?

Who did you tell beforehand?

Thanks,

BB
    I see no reason to say anything about it unless they ask you.

If they ask you, be honest and tell them it's a system in the same matter of fact way you'd tell them you're wearing contacts instead of glasses or that you had your teeth whitened.

Otherwise if you deny it when asked, you will be showing that you are insecure about it and so would make yourself a target for ridicule.

Years and years ago after my part started to get lower and lower until I was in combover territory, I tried hairpieces, and it looked great (I stopped wearing hairpieces because I lived too active a lifestyle--ruined my first hairpiece the first weekend I wore it).

But I didn't tell anyone. Instead, I waited for them to ask me or to comment on it. Most people complimented me on how nice my hair looked. Only one person asked me what I had done to my hair, and that was a girl I was dating. I told her I had it styled, and I'm pretty sure she believed me. Years later I told her it was a hairpiece.

But people are pretty funny about what they notice. I used to have a full beard, then one day I shaved it all off. A few people the next day asked me if I did something because I looked different somehow.

I suspect most people don't pay too much attention to how any of us look because they are too absorbed themselves wondering what we think of how they look.