+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy I don't know what to do

Hello everyone,

I am a 24 year old student living in Amsterdam.

Writing this with tears rolling down my cheeks because I can't accept my hair losing head which has been going on for the past years. I'm turning 25 in April and it has a lot of effect on my mental stability.

With having my first girlfriend for 3 months now I'm afraid this will lead to a breakup since she is 22 and well who wants to show off a balding boyfriend to her friends. At the moment I can cover my big bald spot around my crown after using my, still a bit thick, red hair and a hairdryer and hair products. I can't do this for much longer though.

For the past years I have been afraid of the rain because it would have shown my baldness that I was hiding for everyone. Going away with friends or showering somewhere else then at home, I always took a hairdryer with me or a cap so no one could see what was going on. I took the teasing with my hairdryer for granted as long as long as people weren't teasing me about my baldness.

I never cry but the last 2 months whenever I'm alone I feel like I want to. This is the second time that it really hits me and reading online about the side effects of pills doesn't make me feel better and the crying starts. Because I think of it as such a deal breaker for my girlfriend, especially because she loves my red hair, I'm to afraid to talk with her about it.

When I was at the doctor for something else a few weeks ago a brought it up but she quickly responded with that it sucked for me and that some guys just shave it off when it happens and there is unfortunately nothing I can do about it. I feel like I don't have the head to be bald, I don't want to shave it all off.

In the end I have to deal with this myself but I just felt like I wanted to get this off my chest and write to all of you in this forum because who knows if someone can help me or give me some kind of advice.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

SebasEck

I can relate, I definitely feel I also don't have the right head to keep shaved. Finasteride and Minoxidil may do the trick for you, they've both shown good results for people at stopping and even regrowing lost hair. I will be going on them soon

I feel for you mate but there are solutions. Post some photos and people on here will be able to give you some advice.

I agree, post some pics, let's see what is going on, we can advise.

Hey don’t cry regrowing and stop Hairloss is easy, I can help you! Post some pictures up and also what you might be using currently? Than I will show you the light how to regrow your hair promise .

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Hey don’t cry regrowing and stop Hairloss is easy, I can help you! Post some pictures up and also what you might be using currently? Than I will show you the light how to regrow your hair promise .
    You promise? Really! So you are going to promise him that you can regrow his hair? Seriously. Let's see some proof!

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    You promise? Really! So you are going to promise him that you can regrow his hair? Seriously. Let's see some proof!
    Minus your sarcastic negative response check post #1133. I been on the forums for a long time and tied various methods, medications to natural and I know what does/doesn’t work etc.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-help./page114

Inactive

As you'll see by reading this forum and others, you're definitely not alone in either your hair loss or the pain/devastation that can come with it. So many of us have been where you are, and I completely understand how this seems like an insurmountable problem to have at this point in your life, especially at such a young age.

That said, I truly believe that a lot of the heartache that you're experiencing isn't coming just from your hair loss - but from the story you believe about what this means for your life.... You describe a scenario that leads to a breakup and a life of misery and rejection based on your hair, and I know that this doesn't necessarily have to be the case.

First off, there are some solutions out there to help combat your hair loss. Every single person/situation is different, and you'll need to start taking action and doing research and having consultations with different hair loss experts to get their professional opinions. They can then start pointing you in the right direction and get you closer to achieving a positive outcome. You'll also find that the more you take action to solve a problem, the quicker you'll start to feel better. This goes for anything in life, hair loss or relationships or jobs or anything that's causing you strife... When we take action, our brains respond favorably. You'll instantly feel more confident because you're taking charge of your life and making positive, actionable decisions.

Also, the more you research and learn about hair loss, the less scary it becomes.... You'll find the solutions that are available to you, and as long as you manage your expectations accordingly based on your situation, you'll be on your way to finding peace with it all. Information really is power.

And lastly, keep in mind that while many people on this forum will call bullshit on what I'm about to say, there is a way to be happy and successful and confident and in love, with or without hair. And if you don't believe that, then you simply need to pay attention to all the successful, happy, men all over the world who suffer from hair loss - whether these be celebrities or just people in general in our every day lives. Some of the most confident, happy men I know don't have a full head of hair - but they carry themselves with such a degree of self assurance based on other things they do really well, and the world responds in kind.

Feel your feelings about your hair loss as they are normal and expected, but also think about some of the stuff I mentioned to see if you could find it helpful. Maybe you will, maybe you won't.... But just know that the way you're feeling now won't be the way you're feeling forever. As a lifetime anxiety sufferer, I can say that with 100% confidence. All things pass and nothing is forever - the good or the bad.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Minus your sarcastic negative response check post #1133. I been on the forums for a long time and tied various methods, medications to natural and I know what does/doesn’t work etc.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-help./page114
    "regrowing and stop Hairloss is easy"

BULLSHIT! If that was true, there would be no need for these forums. The fact that some men get some regrowth is not the same as "I will show you the light how to regrow your hair promise".

Whatever you do, don't get a hair transplant.

A