+ Reply to Thread

Default Everyone tells me im paranoid. But i feel like my crown looks horrible

For the past months i feel im balding, but everyone and my parents tells me im just paranoid... That i have thick hair

I went to the doctor but my dem is a slow old lady that looked at my hair for like 3 second and perscribed me some weird estrogen/corticosteroid serum, she seemed uninterested and i dont feel like she gave a profesional opinion...

Im a metalhead so i like my hair long, and this problem is already making my already bad depression worse...

So here are the pics.. there are no pictures of my temples because they look 100% normal

This is my crown when dry https://imgur.com/a/9fKXq

This is my crown when wet, this one looks HORRIBLE https://imgur.com/a/j5uLr

So am i really paranoid ? Looking at these pictures... to me it looks bad.

Also i cant say if my hair was thin like this before, its not long since i have my hair long so it looked different when it was short

Also, the picture were taken infront of a very bright screen.

I certainly see some thinning. Do you wear your hair pulled tightly in a ponytail? It almost looks like traction alopecia, but hard to tell. I always believe in getting a second opinion. Try another doctor.

How old are you, and how long has this been looking like this? Hair in the shower? On your pillow? In your hairbrush?

Let us know... we are here for you. Long hair on guys is awesome, don't give up hope.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    I certainly see some thinning. Do you wear your hair pulled tightly in a ponytail? It almost looks like traction alopecia, but hard to tell. I always believe in getting a second opinion. Try another doctor.

How old are you, and how long has this been looking like this? Hair in the shower? On your pillow? In your hairbrush?

Let us know... we are here for you. Long hair on guys is awesome, don't give up hope.
    Thank you for the reply, i used to put my hair in a very tight topknot while i was on my summer part time job, i worked on construction sites and i couldnt let my hair flow so i put it in this very tight top know. But i have only noticed it being this thin recently.

Im 19 years old. Every man from my fathers side is bald, but from mother side men have hair.I dont notice any hair falling or shedding. In fact when i grab and pull my hair there are no hairs that stay in my hand.

My father told me that if the estrogen serum wont give me any results after 2 months he could support me financialy and buy me Fin and minoxidil from the net but he wants me to first try the estrogen serum my derm persribed.

https://imgur.com/a/tve1s This is my hair under normal light

A tight topnot would potentially cause traction alopecia at the edges of your hairline, all around your head, not at the top of your scalp.

If you don't believe the "slow old lady" why are you using the serum she prescribed? BTW do an internet search for estrogen/corticosteroid combinations for hair loss, you won't come up with anything. I would get a second opinion before buying meds online and self-medicating.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    A tight topnot would potentially cause traction alopecia at the edges of your hairline, all around your head, not at the top of your scalp.

If you don't believe the "slow old lady" why are you using the serum she prescribed? BTW do an internet search for estrogen/corticosteroid combinations for hair loss, you won't come up with anything. I would get a second opinion before buying meds online and self-medicating.
    I read on internet that the serum she perscribed me can work. That it worked for some people and it had good results..

Also i asked my mother today if she thinks im balding.She told me im not, she told me that every person who is pale and has fine black hair can see their scalp.I alse noticed thas many pale girls in my school have similar hair like me. That you can see the skin on their crown. but i will still check my hair, if my hair will look worse after 6 months then im 100% balding and i will jump on fin