+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I think 2% is what has been used in the studies showing it works. The active ingredient in nizoral is ketoconazole - you can buy ketoconazole cream at the same online sites as finpecia. Either 2% nizoral shampoo or 2% ketoconazole cream should work in the same way.
    Some people give up on things because they are not working well enough i.e. regrowing hair..... dont be one of these. Stopping hairloss is a major, major success, regrowing hair is a bonus.

I would be supersatisfied just to keep what i got. I really would. My main concern right now is just the amount of hair im shedding. Dont know how much one sheds normally during hair loss.

Hey Im 24 and losing hair at my temple as well. Im slightly better than you, still a NW2, but with rather significant thinning....

Anyway I've started on Propecia and Nizoral for about 1 week now, hopefully it will allow me to arrest my thinning themple. Good luck with your treatment, I totally understand how devastating it is for people in our age group to start losing hair.

We will be fighting tooth and nail to keep it for another 10 years at least.

Hey Vanzzzz.

Thanks man. And good luck with your treatment too. Have you noticed any decrease in shedding yet?
    Just went to the pharmacy and picked up th shampoo today. Cant get the propecia until tuesday though :/

double post

I have seen a decrease in shedding. Though it may be too early to tell. I went from shedding 30-50 hair in the shower to about 20 hair a day now.

Generally I do no lose hair when I comb my hair, neither do I see many hair on my pillow. Then again, I have only been on Propecia for 9 days so I guess it is really too early to tell.

I hating the shedding part. It makes me cringe every time
    Btw, dont know if its a coincidence but after using the nizoral shampoo today, i havent shed nearly half as much as ive been doing for the last couple of days. Nice!

My exprience, it is only for elimination of dandruff thats all... You can apply white vinegar to your scalp twice a week at night and then wash your hair in the morning. It will help your scalp condition and your hair! Try Matthew Gardson's method.. this is also proven..I've had noticeable regrowth along the frontal scalp

Hey Levone
    What is the Matthew Gardson method about?

Hey jewel i cant see your pics it says that it was been taking off.. but i can relate to alot that you have posted