+ Reply to Thread

Default Any thoughts on Peter Williams of Ziering UK?

Hi guys,

This is my first post and I’m in the research phase currently.

I visited Ziering in London for a consultation and had a good chat. There seems to be a few good posts about one of their surgeons (Krishan) but I havent found any user experiences for Peter Williams, the surgeon that was recommended. Here are his credentials:

https://hairtransplantziering.co.uk/...meet-the-team/

Seems good, but ideally I’d like to here from previous patients.

Any thoughts/experience?

My first post too! I had a HT with Dr Williams at Kensington Hair Clinic in August. He was really good - laid back but clearly very experienced and put me at ease. I am six months in and pleased with result so far.

Great to hear. Do you have any pics? Could you maybe take some and post them? Would be really helpful.

What type of surgery did you have fue or fut? How many grafts? Any other details?

Cheers in advance 👍🏾

Default Results

I went for FUT, although before my consultation I'd assumed I would be going for FUE.

There were a couple of reasons - I really wasn't keen on completely shaving my head (although it would probably have looked better than it looked at the time) but also my priority was to get as much density as I could.

I am comfortable I made the right decision, although it really is a personal choice. At the end of the day you will end up with a scar so it needs serious thought.

I spent the first week in a bit of a panic thinking I'd never be able to crop my hair if the transplant failed, but on balance I'd rather lose the option to shave in order to get more thickness.

I've attached a couple of images but bear in mind I am only just over 5 months in so am expecting an awful lot more thickening over the next few months. I also took it under a bright light to give a realistic overview.

The hairline looks natural though and it's already an improvement.

I was due to have 2,500 grafts but they couldn't get them all as my scalp laxity wasn't great (my fault, I'd not been great at the pre-op exercises.)

Still, they have offered me a free top-up treatment so I get all I paid for. That will probably be an FUE, and it's up to me if I add density to the front or go into the crown.

As I said in my last post, I liked Dr Williams. He was a more jovial character than I'd expected a surgeon to be and was laughing and joking with both me and his team.

Talking of which, I was impressed with how many people they had doing the graft insertion. I had a consultation at a different clinic and when I researched them a lot of people said it was a sole receptionist doing that part of the procedure.

I am not flying a flag for any clinic, but it is worth asking how large the team will be.

Hope that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 20.30.31.jpg

Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	55425   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 20.26.26.jpg

Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	55426  

Thanks for the detailed response. Very helpful. I couldn’t help but notice that the 2 images you have posted are of 2 completely different people?!

The first pic is off an older man, with black/grey hair. There also seem to be some freckles and blemishes on the forehead.

The second pic is of a much younger man, with light brown/blonde hair. The forehead appears clean with no marks. The skin tone is different too.

Is there a reason why you’ve posted 2 pics of completely different hairlines?

Sorry just a little confused. Hopefully you can clarify for me.

Thanks

Default Erm...

...I can assure you they are both photos of my head, and the guy in photo two is five months and one week older than the one in picture one!
    Hair was longer during the consultation and it goes greyer at the sides the longer it gets. I'm also using a styling wax now that I can, which holds down the sides and makes the grey less prominent.
    The first image was taken by the consultant in July last year, one month prior to the procedure, the second one was taken tonight on my phone.
    The transplanted hair is growing through with much less grey, which is because the donor area is darker than it is at the sides.
    If there's a way of exchanging private messages on here or you give me an email address I will happily show you some more detailed pics so you aren't in doubt it's the same person, but I'm not putting them on a public forum.
    I'll choose to be pleased that I apparently look younger post-procedure rather than insulted at the claim I've lied.

Apologies for the suspicion. There’s so much deceiving on forums, I just want to make sure I’m scrutinising everything thoroughly.

At 5 months in the results look pretty good, with the best still to come.

I would be grateful if you could send me some more private pictures. The donor area would be good too.

Apologies for the accusations and thanks in advance