+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I balding?

Default Am I balding?

https://imgur.com/a/POj6i

I'm 16 and I think my forehead is pretty large (6cm), I'm tall overall. I've always had this M-shaped forehead, but I'm wondering if I will go bald and if this M-shape will go further and further. Is there anything I can do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by MHD View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/POj6i

I'm 16 and I think my forehead is pretty large (6cm), I'm tall overall. I've always had this M-shaped forehead, but I'm wondering if I will go bald and if this M-shape will go further and further. Is there anything I can do about it?

"M shaped" hairlines are normal and are not necessarily an indicator of future loss. 6cm is fine for a hairline height as well. Don't stress over it.

The only indicators for you at this stage involve your family history. Which side of your family has a history of hair loss? Which members? How severe? Finally, which side of your family do you resemble most? If you have a strong resemblance to the side that has hair loss then your odds are higher that you'll follow that route. In the meantime, learn about eating clean. Don't eat junk food, exercise, drink water, don't smoke, and live your life. If you see stronger indicators that you are losing your hair have your parents take you to an IAHRS member doctor and find out what your non-surgical options are.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Well nobody in my family is bald, my dad has hair, grandpa too and the other granda (from mother) who is dead, still had hair when he was 92. So I don't think anyone in my family is/was bald. I go to gym. I hope this doesn't cause hair loss, is there any food that is important for hair which I might be missing? I try to eat healthy, but I still eat a lot of sweets. I eat protein, which I know is needed for hair, but is there anything else? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MHD View Post
    Well nobody in my family is bald, my dad has hair, grandpa too and the other granda (from mother) who is dead, still had hair when he was 92. So I don't think anyone in my family is/was bald. I go to gym. I hope this doesn't cause hair loss, is there any food that is important for hair which I might be missing? I try to eat healthy, but I still eat a lot of sweets. I eat protein, which I know is needed for hair, but is there anything else? Thanks.

Lay off the sweets. Like, try to cut sugar out as much as possible, including by reading labels of the food you eat. You'll be surprised how much sugar you're consuming, aside from what you know you're consuming. That's about as much as you can do since you probably don't have a say in what kind of food fills your fridge. Basically just eat healthy. Avoid granola bars and that kind of crap. it's all sugar and part of the system. Ideally, organic meats and lots of green vegetables with as little sugar as possible and low carbs. That, in my mind, is the ideal type of nutrition style for general health and that includes hair. I'm not a doctor but this is my own experience.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors