+ Reply to Thread

Default Youtube Hair Transplant Videos

I watch hair transplant videos pretty often on youtube, this place either seems the best place to go or too good to be true, I always see the best results compared to others. has anyone else seen this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vafx7zabs8k

also this channel called injerto capilar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mQquCtERuA

The Couto video is good. Here are my observations.

1. The pre-surgical photos shows thinning throughout the NW5A region even though he's classified as a NW4A. There is a big difference between the two but the reason why the patient looks like a NW5A is because his hair is wet and combed back. The after photos and after video shows this area to be really full which adds to the illusion of this being a full transformation. It's not stated as being such, but the visuals hit the viewer as if it is.

2. The lighting is misleading. Don't get me wrong, I like the video and the presentation but for accuracy they could do better with the lighting and as it is, the lighting gives an appearance of density that isn't really present in reality. I am betting they shot this video next to a window and this is why the lighting is stronger on the left side (when facing the screen) of the patient and is stronger than the internal lights overhead. There is one overhead view that shows the reality but because the lighting is low it isn't obvious.

3. The hairline looks good but but's because Dr. Couto was smart with his placement. He placed the hairs behind the native hairs that remain. Those are finer and make the surgical hairline look more natural. There is nothing wrong with this, and it is the smart thing to do, but you have to know what you're looking at to appreciate what is going on.

4. Point #3 is emphasized by the result from the second procedure where Dr. Couto placed grafts into the temples and lowered the sides of the hairline. I'm not crazy about this approach because the patient has coarse hair and because he only used one thousand grafts it doesn't look natural to me. You don't normally see such coarse hair in a defined region of thinning that is so symmetrical in shape and even in density.

5. The temple angle closure, I believe, is too much for the height of the hairline overall and this is what also would indicate to me that this is a hair transplant had I seen him walking on the street. I think the tape on the forehead is there to help the hairline look lower than it really is.

These are nitpicking points but the result overall is of course very good. No one on the street would ever suspect so in that regard, the patient has every right to be happy.

The second channel is that of Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid. He's a good man, I've known him for almost six years now, and he has strong results. I believe both clinics are technician based so keep that in mind moving forward. I do know one of Dr. Lorenzo's techs personally and she's outstanding.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Thanks for the Reply Joe, I am a fan of your youtube page

If I ever go for a hair transplant I wouldn't mind traveling anywhere is well worth getting the best doctor. I always had my eye on Hasson and Wong because I feel that they are the most experianced, although I see videos on youtube that blow my mind, I wish I just knew the most experianced and best guy so I can just go to him, Joe who is your top five doctors?

My top guys are on my website. Remember, there is no "best" doctor for anything except your own case. This means that no single doctor is the best for everyone so choose whom you think is best for you, not whom others thinks is best for you. It's your head.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors