+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Why are you going natural? Some things aren't really bad for you just because SOME people have side effects. I know though...that these things can't be good. It all depends on how important your hair is to you and if you actually get side effects.

Whenever I am even slightly sick I get side effects from minoxidil...thats how I know im sick! When im really sick and use it I feel like dying. So I obviously don't use it when I am sick. Mostly though I don't get any side effects.

Natural just doesn't cut it for me... my hair loss regimen is definitely working for me and I am really glad I used all the stuff I did and used all the time to research it. A ketoconazole shampoo took the huuuuuuuge itching and inflammation my scalp had away in the first wash. It was a miracle.

Now everything else is helping me get some thickness back.

I doubt anything "natural" could do anything for me at all.

Good luck to you man.

Thanks man! Yeah, I'm not really expecting to see a whole lot of result from going natural. Just don't want to find out that this shit gives you cancer in like 20 years. I mean it's only been on the market for like 20 plus years, so it's possible it could have long term effects. Myabe not, but the way I see it is I'm already half bald and it's not really working anymore so I don't see the point in taking something for the rest of my life just for very little improvement or just for maintenance. If I'm going to put poison on my head for the rest of my like I better have a full head of hair for it! ....just kidding, I know it's not poison!

Default ..........

You don't seem to understand how minoxidil works.

Minoxidil does NOT "stop working". Minoxidil is at a constant battle to keep your hair growing, but DHT is still eating at your follicles! Minoxidil keeps working and it keeps the results that it initially had. But it stops producing more results after 2-3 years or so, on average most likely.

This is from minoxidil.com:

A TREATMENT…..NOT A CURE

Hopefully genetic engineering or stem cell research will develop a cure to MPB. Until that time comes, there are only regrowth treatments available. There are misconceptions about developing a 'tolerance' to minoxidil. Minoxidil will, indeed, help to recruit atrophic follicles to grow thicker hair for about two to three years. Minoxidil then helps to keep the hair in the anagen phase, so the newly regrown hair will not atrophy and shed prematurely.

Because some patients do not continue to see significant improvement after a few years of therapy, they assume the body has developed a tolerance to minoxidil, and that it is no longer 'working'. If they stop minoxidil therapy, the hair they have regrown because of the minoxidil treatment will shed within 3-4 months. In essence, minoxidil has fooled the body into regrowing and keeping hair, which was preprogrammed to be lost. Until a cure is available, don't deprogram the success you have earned.

After two to three years of treatment, many patients are able to maintain their regrowth with a once daily application of 5% ******* or 5% minoxidil.

Minoxidil is a good method of having more/better hair. Though it is a ritual you will have to get into if you plan on keeping the results. Your hair will shed until you have hair similar to what you WOULD have had if you never touched the product. At least, that is what I can conclude from the studies I saw on minoxidil. Stopping really isn't a good idea.

What IS a good idea is to use finasteride and nizoral shampoo in combination with minoxidil.