+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My story : 29 years old male , suffering with hair loss since I was 23

Hi guys
    Today is one of those days when I was feeling very depressed with my hair loss ( male pattern baldness ). Hence decided to share it with brothers all over the world who share the same pain . ( Anyhow cant discuss it with anyone in my life )

Current scenario : am 29 years old currently. Have a little receding hairline ( not much ). Hair all over the top have thinned but thankfully are still present on the entire top .
    Have been taking finasteride 1 mg daily for the past 3 years . Have also been taking biotin/vit&min supplement daily for past 4 years

Past :

20 years : started noticing a receding hairline.

23 years : Hair thinning all over but hairline recede did not progress thankfully

25 years : Was so depressed with thin hair that I decided to shave my head. Started applying minoxidil and taking finax regularly hoping to restore my hair..
    Applied and took both these meds for a year.
    Shaved my head again:madkept on applying and taking meds . Developed severe psoriosis and sabbhoric dermatitis on scalp. Applied meds for psoriosis too.
    Essentially lost 2 years of my life . In these 2 years I did nothing fruitful other than to try to get back my hair.All this trial eventually led to a massive depression episode.

27 years : Sense and a new oppurtunity career vise forced me out of this vicious circle.Left applying minoxidil.Continued taking finasteride and a hair supplement tab .

29 years : Currently : Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20171228_23_33_01_Pro.jpg

Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	55315Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20171228_23_33_05_Pro.jpg

Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	55316Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20171228_23_33_08_Pro.jpg

Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	55317Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20171228_23_33_11_Pro.jpg

Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	55318Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20171228_23_33_17_Pro.jpg

Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	55319Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20171228_23_33_21_Pro.jpg

Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	55320

Hair have been shamooed recently and have not been properly cut for last 3 months thus appear much fuller ( simply because I am too afraid to see barbers pulling at my already fragile hair ) .Will post more pictures to give you guys a clear idea .
    So as mentioned above the current position is this-

Have a little receding hairline ( not much ). Hair all over the top have thinned but thankfully are still present on the entire top .
    Have been taking finasteride 1 mg daily for the past 3 years . Have also been taking biotin/vit&min supplement daily for past 4 years
    Currently -
    1 Dont comb my hair , only use hand comb
    2 Do not touch my hair when wet. Let them air dry and then style them using my hands
    3 Dont use any hair product.
    4 Hair react a lot to the type of water I wash them with
    5 Have to shampoo every alternate day to prevent scalp from showing
    6 Occasionally suffer from sabbhoric dermatitis , currently suffering and applying meds for past 15 days
    7 Scared of getting haircut from top since barbers use comb and pull hair. Tried trimming top hair myself but that was very haphazard. Currently havnt had a haircut from top for past 3 months

Future : my ultimate resolve would be getting a hair transplant at maybe age 35

Guys 100 views and no replies.
    Anyway posting pictures with wet hair to give you guys a clearer idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20171229_16_45_29_Pro.jpg

Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	55344Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20171229_16_45_33_Pro.jpg

Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	55345Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20171229_16_45_43_Pro.jpg

Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	55346Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20171229_16_45_47_Pro.jpg

Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	55347Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20171229_16_45_50_Pro.jpg

Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	55348

As I said the only treatment I am currently on is finasteride 1 mg and vit/min/biotin tab daily for past 3 years

Also my hairloss started almost 7 years back when I was 22.
    That was the only time I could see hairline receding since then it has been the same but I have diffuse thinning all over.Is it normal

How should I plan for the future . Am I suitable for hair transplant. If yes then when should I go for it since as far as I can think I will be requiring transplant all over my head.

Looks like you have slowed down the progression so no hurry to do anything right now. When I look at the first set of pictures I wouldn't think you are going bald. Most people just look at you for a second and are not analyzing your hair...so right now it looks good.

I wouldn't do a HT for at least another 10 years and hopefully products like Repilicel will be available by then.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    Looks like you have slowed down the progression so no hurry to do anything right now. When I look at the first set of pictures I wouldn't think you are going bald. Most people just look at you for a second and are not analyzing your hair...so right now it looks good.

I wouldn't do a HT for at least another 10 years and hopefully products like Repilicel will be available by then.
    Thanks . The reply and opinion really means a lot.

Since as I mentioned I have been taking finasteride 1 mg and a supplement daily for the last 4 years.
    Should I add a ketocinazole shampoo weekly/bi weekly to the regimen as I have seen it is recommended to be done with finasteride. Will also help since I get flare ups of sabbhoric dermatitis sometimes. What do you suggest.

Also is overall thinning on the scalp and not receding hairline or a bald spot normal for male pattern baldness

Hey I don't think your hair looks bad at all. I would cut it shorter, from experience my hair looks way thicker when it is short.

Quote Originally Posted by raghavsarin2612 View Post
    Thanks . The reply and opinion really means a lot.

Since as I mentioned I have been taking finasteride 1 mg and a supplement daily for the last 4 years.
    Should I add a ketocinazole shampoo weekly/bi weekly to the regimen as I have seen it is recommended to be done with finasteride. Will also help since I get flare ups of sabbhoric dermatitis sometimes. What do you suggest.

Also is overall thinning on the scalp and not receding hairline or a bald spot normal for male pattern baldness
    I use Nizoral I think it is the same thing. I think it is a good scalp cleanser and recommend it. People bald in all kind of different patterns but usually starts in the back and and works it way to the hairline...at least in my case it did. Could be something new soon so don't panic.

Bad News Guys.

Had gone to a dermatologist about 20 days back as I was having severe itching , was dignosed with sabbhoric dermatitis and given meds
    Took those meds for 20 days went to doc again.

And now he says it is psoriosis and psoriosis is causing hair loss too. He even recommended a transplant .
    He prescribed a different set of meds.

Had suffered from psoriosis 2 years back and it had troubled me a lot.

Anyone suffering from psoriosis too and does it cause hair loss.

From what I read, it only causes hair loss if you scratch when it itches.

Quote Originally Posted by raghavsarin2612 View Post
    Bad News Guys.

Had gone to a dermatologist about 20 days back as I was having severe itching , was dignosed with sabbhoric dermatitis and given meds
    Took those meds for 20 days went to doc again.

And now he says it is psoriosis and psoriosis is causing hair loss too. He even recommended a transplant .
    He prescribed a different set of meds.

Had suffered from psoriosis 2 years back and it had troubled me a lot.

Anyone suffering from psoriosis too and does it cause hair loss.
    Wow...run away from this guy.

Guys any idea about homeopathic medicines for male pattern baldness ?

Have started taking one today.....plan to try out for half a year since there arnt any side affects associated with them

Anyone having any experience.