+ Reply to Thread

Default Generic Propecia

I've come across many site that offer generic propecia at a far lower price than the brand. Some of them even say a prescription is not needed. Is this legitimate? Is there any danger going with a pharmacy like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Atkins View Post
    I've come across many site that offer generic propecia at a far lower price than the brand. Some of them even say a prescription is not needed. Is this legitimate? Is there any danger going with a pharmacy like this?
    Hi Atkins,
    I've been using name brand Propecia for about 5 years with very good results. I am not sure if you listen to Spencer Kobren's radio show, but he always points to the potential issues of using generics from online pharmacies.

I myself would never trust them!!

Here's a post made by Spencer Kobren about this subject.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...05&postcount=2

Default Generic Proscar

Why would you want to buy online? I am 21 years old and I use generic proscar (I get it from Walgreens and costs only $11). I take 5mg of Finasteride at 7am and 2.5mg (half a pill) of finasteride at 7pm. I used to take the name brand Propecia (1mg Finasteride) for a year, but I got tired of spending $70 a month. Just go to your doctor and get a prescription for 5mg Finasteride (if they are willing to prescribe it) and go to a local reputable phramacy.

Hope this Helps,
    Destin

Exclamation Not recommended

iwannakeephair1674,

I'm quite new to this and no expert but if you do some reasearch, you will find that 7.5mg finasteride a day is far too much, even for treatment of enlarged prostate, and you say you are 21. I know, for mpb, people most use 1.25mg proscar a day not 7.5 mg.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphix View Post
    iwannakeephair1674,

I'm quite new to this and no expert but if you do some reasearch, you will find that 7.5mg finasteride a day is far too much, even for treatment of enlarged prostate, and you say you are 21. I know, for mpb, people most use 1.25mg proscar a day not 7.5 mg.

I thought the right dose was 1mg. That does seem like overkill. Is there a reason you have to take so much?

Default reasons

There are a couple of reasons why I chose to do 7.5mg a day. One reason, is because it literally blocks more conversion of DehydroTestosterone than 1mg does. Doctors say that 1mg is all you need though, however I want to prevent as much DHT from being in my body as possible. As it may seem overkill, its still not as potent as taking .5mg of Dutasteride. As far as side effects go, the only side effect I have is a higher sex drive (which I'm not complaining). The reason why I know that more DHT is blocked than 1mg is the fact that I hear so many people who have taken 1mg Finasteride then after about 5 years it loses its effectiveness and they switch to 2.5mg Finasteride and they are alright. Even Spencer lost some of his results when doing a lower dosage than 5mg Finasteride (which he take daily).

My second reason is that I wanted to see if my body could handle it, because I want to be ready if I need to add Dutasteride to my regiment. Also I do the 5mg Finasteride (the higher dosage) in the morning (at 7am) because thats when Testosterone levels are at its highest, it might not make that much difference, but why not be logical about it.

-Destin