+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

40 yrs old , you cant expect to have a full head of hair all your life . Are you prepared for future HT's ?

True. I figured a fue treatment to the hairline would aid the thinning at the base. I was thinking it would be proactive.

Future HT's? I'm assuming you mean future fue treatments for any further hair receding/thinning due to age?

Your hair looks really good, most posters would kill for a hairline like that in their 40s.

If you do a range of photos in different lighting conditions maybe it might show evidence of thinning because in those photos your hair looks very thick.

Yes you could or probably would need future hair transplants to deal with future loss because otherwise you would be stuck with your transplanted hairs with a gap to your existing hairs if you had future recession. Drugs are available to help with this but you would need to speak with someone qualified to give advice + they would need to be taken for life and the are side effects for some who use them.

The Trauma to your scalp that comes from a hair transplant can cause thinning called shock loss and it would take 12-18 months to see any worthwhile results, plus with 500 grafts you are unlikely to see any benefits and you will be at the risk of needing further work. It normally takes 2 transplants to get a result of 40 percent density compared natural hairline

I would do some serious research and get multiple surgeons opinions before doing any work. If i was in your position I wouldn't have any form of transplant.

Vswake.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did notice certain lighting conditions seem illustrate the thinning at the base. That's when I start to freak out. I've been to a couple of consultations and one place looked at me like I was insane and the other Dr. did see the base thinning but wasn't all that concern ed.

I doing my best researching everything and it can be a little overwhelming to digest all the different information.

I wanted to be clear on the 500 graft scenario. I wouldn't be trying to address my v shaped hairline and fill in the gaps above my temple.

The doctor would just fill in and be adding to the exsisting area on the hairline where the thinning at the base has occurred. I'm aiming for a flat level hairline. I never had one to begin with.

Shock loss is another issue that concerned me as well. I don't want my hair line to get any thinner as a result for the transplant.

Again thank you for taking the time to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
    I'm aiming for a flat level hairline.
    You want a hairline that will be age appropriate as you get older

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    You want a hairline that will be age appropriate as you get older
    Sorry I meant to say I'm not aiming for a flat hairline. Just fill in the gaps.