+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Giving Up

Default Giving Up

I would advise anybody embarking on the struggle to regrow hair to prepare and keep detailed notes. I didn't. I didn't expect my efforts to go on for as many years as it has. So as I describe what I have tried , I don't have exact dates for anything. I am giving up as nothing that I have read here or anyplace else has produced significant or long-lasting results. The first thing I tried was Minoxidil. I used it for several years with absolutely no results. For a period of time, I was using a 15% solution from a source that is no longer available. When that source dried up, I went back to the Kirkland brand. I don't know why I used it for as many as 4 or more years as I was well aware that if nothing happened over a 6-12 month period that it was likely not going to work. I also used Fin. I was able to get a prescription from my skin doctor and my medical insurance paid for it. This doctor didn't know what he was doing at the time and told me to take 5mg once a day. I believe that neither he or I were aware of the potential side effects. The Fin did, for short period of time stop the hair loss. The benefits lasted perhaps 6 months and then my hair began receding again. There was a time when I used both Fin and Minoxidil at the same time, but I couldn't tell you for how long. The side effects of the Fin were pronounced and continue to this day. I would strongly suggest that nobody use it. I have had long-lasting sexual side effects. My temper and anger issues did stop once I stopped taking it. I was also taking Saw Palmetto for a short time while using Fin. That combination caused me pain in the genital area and after talking to my Family Doctor, I stopped using them together. I started using RU5881 3 months ago. So far, I have no sides but no benefits either. I will continue with that for another 3 months for a total of 6 months and if that doesn't work. I quit. This website has provided information and I am grateful for that, but I have not heard anyone provide evidence that anything outside of transplants works. There is a lot of speculation and support, but nothing concrete to suggest that anything I have read here, or tried has been productive. I am basically resigning myslef to my genetic fate. Like I said. I wish that I had paid better attention to what I used and for how long. But I didn't. perhaps my expereince would be more credible if I did. My firm belief is that no person posting here has produced concrete evidence that any of this stuff works and if you are just starting out, be cautious.