Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CurlyBlonde
    • Apr 2016

Sugar and Hairloss

Will sugar consumption speed up hairloss, I know it it can release insulin which has something do with hormones.

Mostly wondering if any successful propecia users consume sugar regularly, and has it affected their hairloss.

I enjoy some sugary things once in a while but If I have to avoid them to aid my fight against hairloss I will stop
  • Ahab
    • Jul 2014

Sugar, corn syrup, and other things by different names, are very bad for you. Some doctors and scientists are starting to call sugar a poison. I seem to recall that baldness was relatively rare in Japan until after Japan adopted the Western diet. Sugar is a huge part of the Western diet, especially over the last forty years. Has the incidence of hair loss increased over that time? Other diet related suspects might be the low ratio of Omega 3's in the Western diet compared to the high ratio of Omega 3's in the traditional Japanese diet, which contained a lot of fish.

Comment

• CurlyBlonde
      • Apr 2016

what about salt?

Comment

• Ahab
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Ahab
        Sugar, corn syrup, and other things by different names, are very bad for you. Some doctors and scientists are starting to call sugar a poison. I seem to recall that baldness was relatively rare in Japan until after Japan adopted the Western diet. Sugar is a huge part of the Western diet, especially over the last forty years. Has the incidence of hair loss increased over that time? Other diet related suspects might be the low ratio of Omega 3's in the Western diet compared to the high ratio of Omega 3's in the traditional Japanese diet, which contained a lot of fish.
        I also wonder if in addition to sugar and lack of Omega 3's in the Western diet, whether high saturated fat intake might also be suspect.

Comment

Working...