+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Final Stand

Default My Final Stand

My final stand.

Hi all. I've been a member on here for nearly 3 years since I induced major hairloss from steroid abuse back in 2015. I've got a new account since then but nothing has ever really changed since my first post.

Since that time, I've tried a number of things, low doses propecia, premixed RU58841, various shampoos. Nothing has ever seemed to really halt the loss and I've been shedding consistently since all this began. For the last year or so I've just ignored it and have been focusing on my career and gym etc.

My hair in the last couple of months however has taken a huge hit and I'm not sure why, it has left me on the verge of having unfixable and blatant hair loss, so I'm now preparing to make a last stand. I turned 27 two months ago, I've just bought a house with my beautiful GF, so the fear of shaving my head doesn't terrify me like it did when I was 24 and all this started, but still, I know I'll never forgive myself if I don't at least try one final time, all guns blazing.

So, I'm going for it, the traditional big 3. Something I couldn't afford when this all started, but I've had several promotions and tripled my salary since my early twenties and I'm finally looking at being able to fund a solid treatment plan.

1mg of propecia a day.
    Regaine 5% foam
    Regenepure dr every 3 days

I'm going to try and figure out how to upload pictures to show you what I'm currently dealing with, and will keep this thread updated.

If this works, then great, hopefully I'll have hair for the next 10-20 years, if not, at least I tried, and I'll continue to work hard, hit the gym and become an all round better person.

Stay strong brothers, any questions just ask.

Link to hairline pictures. It doesn't really really do the damage justice. The density looks much better here than it is. You can see about 3 inches back into my scalp through my hairline.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/album.php?albumid=1370

Good luck with it.

Don't stress too much because for someone who's used steroids your hair is still really good. A couple of shakes of toppik or something each day would literally make your hair look 100% under any type of light and with any style. Keen to see the results you get from that list though. If you're only using Regenepure every 3 days maybe try nizoral 2% on all the other days for a bit more of a boost?

Okay here we are, a 3 month update.

I started the big three on the 1st of Jan 2018 just over 3 months ago and I've been pretty religious with it since.

1mg of generic Fin per day.
    Foam minox (regaine) once per day at night (microneedling once a week drawing blood)
    Regenepure a few times a week.

I had one week off of the minox and missed like two days of Fin dosses during this time as I underwent a light back surgery in late Feb which I'm mostly recovered from.

So! How has it gone you're probably wondering? Well, so far, nothing.
    No stopping the loss, no shedding decrease, no increase in shedding, no anything.
    I might as well not be throwing the money away.

I've had zero negative sides. Boners are still great, seamen unaffected.
    My hair hasn't really done anything differenly. Just a total nonresponse.

I know it's early, but you'd think throwing these treatments at my hair would at least show some sign of... well, some sign of anything, good or bad!

I still shed the same, still long healthy hairs mostly, a bunch of smaller DHT effected hairs remain in my hairline not growing any longer that about an inch or 2.

I have no idea, all I can say is I'll be back at 6 months. So far my final stand has been more of a sit down.

Those pictures just look like normal maturing of the hairline as you approach the big 30.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    Those pictures just look like normal maturing of the hairline as you approach the big 30.
    Those pictures are very, very flattering.
    Density looks a lot better there than it really is.

It's the whole frontal third that's thinning, not just the hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by Notgivingup2 View Post

So what is your status, now?

Got to give it at least 9 months to a year. Chances are that minox and regenpure won't do anything. Propecia will typically slow hairloss down and for a few even stop the loss and regrow some hair. There are a few other options PRP+acell and lower level light therapy. The later has some studies saying its almost as effective as %5 minoxidil and Prp success ranges from very good to bad(causing some loss)

Okay, 6 months down and still no real change.

Hair has worsened, but gradual as you'd expect for someone losing hair. Hairline weaker than ever, and temples looking very thin indeed. I'm just looking like a total non-responder to anything

So far I'd say I've just continued to lose ground.

Starting to consider the very likely possibility that this really won't work and I'll be shaving my head before I'm thirty.

See you cats at 9 months.

Starting to consider the very likely possibility that this really won't work and I'll be shaving my head before I'm thirty.

See you cats at 9 months.
    It never does