Take a look and share your thoughts. - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Take a look and share your thoughts.

Symptoms:

Noticed in shower run my hand through my head and half a dozen or so hairs would stick each time. Never had that happen.

Shedding continued. As you can see I have red hair so when sharing a bathroom with other guys easy to see all my hairs.

Never in my life was hair so easy to pull out. Not big clumps but I could never pull a hair out but could pull a few out with gentle tug. Shedding remained constant. Never like super heavy but so much I noticed it immediately. It was rare I would find my hairs anywhere but I could go in and just do a general bathroom routine (not even touch my hair) and see a few hairs in sink and counter in span of a few minutes.

No other symptoms. No itchiness, redness, swelling, etc.

I would say 60-75% hair loss all over scalp. My actual crown has weathered the storm and the areas in front and back of my actual crown have shed less MORE (typo. edited) the crown. Picture is back of my head about 3-4 inches below my crown is thinning.

No temple recession or recession of any kind I see. If has it has been incredibly minor.

Hairs shed appear "normal". I have spent over 18 months looking for "miniaturized" hairs and I am not a professional but don't see it. Even know hairs that shed appear same color as hairs on my head. I can't sit there and measure diameter but don't seem thinner. Are not short. Hairs shed (depends on how long my hair is at that time) are 1 inch or longer usually.

Included some pictures with hair parted on temple and vertex to show close up of scalp.

Inactive

If you've experienced such drastic hair loss in a very short amount of time, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go to the doctor and see if there's an underlying cause here. They can help you rule out various things, and best case scenario, this is temporary and treatable. That said, it could also be Male Pattern Baldness that's hitting you pretty hard (although the extreme/sudden nature of this does seem a little odd), but that would be an entirely different conversation and require completely different treatment than something more traditionally medical.

It could be a sign of MPB or TE (telogen effluvium). Yes, by all means see a doctor!

I know my pictures are not great with an iphone but does anybody see miniaturized hairs? Thinking of starting Rogaine but if my hair is not miniaturizing what good would that do?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by prophetoffollicle View Post
    I know my pictures are not great with an iphone but does anybody see miniaturized hairs? Thinking of starting Rogaine but if my hair is not miniaturizing what good would that do?
    You really need to get an in-person consultation in order to really know how you should proceed. Until you know what's causing this, you don't know how to treat it.