Want to have a hair transplant - please help/advise - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Want to have a hair transplant - please help/advise

Hi,
    I am a 39 year old healthy male, I started noticing hairloss around the age of 18 or 19 but it was very little at the time and by the time I was 23 I wanted to get a hairpiece as I had more thinning hair and a transplant was just too expensive. I've been wearing a hairpiece/system/wig since 2001/2002ish. Around late 2008 I was strongly considering getting a transplant done here in Ottawa, Ontario with Dr. Rahal and even paid a deposit fee but unfortunately soon after I was getting married and I just could not afford getting a transplant and having a wedding around the same time. So since then I continued to wear a hairpiece. Unfortunately now going through a divorce I feel I need a transplant again but am not certain what I would need, I am considering getting a FUE done as I don't want a long scar in the back with FUT and would like to cover by head with reasonable density but believe I might be around a norwood 6 even 7 maybe?? I am posting some pics (hopefully they are okay) and was hoping you guys can help me to determine what my scale is and how many grafts would be needed for my hairloss level. I might be going to India next year (2018) around March or April and was considering a transplant down in Delhi as it is cheaper and heard and researched some doctors are good there too. I was even considering BHT along with a HT if I don't have many donor grafts available. Again I am not certain so please help me by looking at my pics. Thanks in advance!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Back_Hair.jpg

Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	54999   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front_Hair.jpg

Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	55000   Click image for larger version

Name:	front_Hair2.jpg

Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	55001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Left_Side.jpg

Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	55002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right_Side.jpg

Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	55003   Click image for larger version

Name:	Top_1.jpg

Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	55004  

Quote Originally Posted by needmorehairs View Post
    ... I might be around a norwood 6 even 7 maybe??
    IMO , 7.
    Don't bother with the HT. With the amount of loss you have , a HT would'nt give you enough density

Not what I wanted to hear but thanks for being honest. Cant i get something decent if I were to get a combination of hair and body/beard hair transplants and maybe a little smp?

Honestly, just forget about hair unless you want a hairpiece. Maybe in 10 years Stem cells will finally payoff on that front but for now acceptance is pretty much your only way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    Honestly, just forget about hair unless you want a hairpiece. Maybe in 10 years Stem cells will finally payoff on that front but for now acceptance is pretty much your only way to go.
    As I mentioned above I have been wearing a hairpiece since around 2001 and it's just been a hassle and the constant fact that I get conscious when talking to someone that they always take a glance up to my hair, might be nothing but that consciousness/paranoia is always there. I haven't shaved my head since university and am not sure if I want to go the complete bald route either. It's unfortunate if at the moment I can't do a regular hair transplant along with body/beard hair transplant even for a semi decent look.

Quote Originally Posted by needmorehairs View Post
    As I mentioned above I have been wearing a hairpiece since around 2001 and it's just been a hassle and the constant fact that I get conscious when talking to someone that they always take a glance up to my hair, might be nothing but that consciousness/paranoia is always there. I haven't shaved my head since university and am not sure if I want to go the complete bald route either. It's unfortunate if at the moment I can't do a regular hair transplant along with body/beard hair transplant even for a semi decent look.
    I would say your a NW6 or 7. Doesn't look like a ton of density for grafts either. Best bet is go to a top doc and see what they say. Your going to need a ton of grafts to be honest its highly unlikely you would get much of a result but a top doc won't lie just to get your business. You might be able to go for a Nw4 and let the top alone but my guess is your going to be better off wearing a piece or shaving it.

Also if you were going to do a ht you would more than likely would need to go with a couple of strip surgeries and then some smaller fue's with body hair added in. Just to much coverage needed for fue.