Is the cure near or should i just get a transplant ? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Is the cure near or should i just get a transplant ?

I been losing my hair for 7 years now i will say im NW 2 near Nw3. Is the cure or any new treatment near or should i just get a transplant ?

Quote Originally Posted by snowie View Post
    I been losing my hair for 7 years now i will say im NW 2 near Nw3. Is the cure or any new treatment near or should i just get a transplant ?
    You currently use any medication to halt Hairloss?

I been using finasteride for 2 years. But recently i been losing more on the hairline. Maybe i should start use minoxidil.
    I live in europe so i would really like to try topical finasteride, but my doctor will not prescripe it to me....

I have the money for a hair transplant and i would like dr koray erdogan to make it, but maybe its to early to get.

http://www.farmaciaparati.it/en/index.html

I been using finasteride for 2 years. But recently i been losing more on the hairline. Maybe i should start use minoxidil.
    I live in europe so i would really like to try topical finasteride, but my doctor will not prescripe it to me....

I have the money for a hair transplant and i would like dr koray erdogan to make it, but maybe its to early to get.

http://www.farmaciaparati.it/en/index.html
    If I were you I would research ru58841. One of our old posters called Hellouser made some pretty extensive posts about it-I am using it and it seems to be working pretty well mixed with minoxidil- It seemed to help halt a major shed I was undergoing...

Inactive

I wouldn't count on a "cure" anytime soon... There are a lot of factors that go into that happening and it's a complicated situation. Imo, a lot of powerful companies in the hair loss industry make a lot of money off there not being a cure, which is why it's often hard to see a cure for other various ailments/diseases as well. It's much more lucrative to get people to spend money regularly treating an ailment/disease than there is by curing them... And even if a cure does come out relatively soon, the price would be extremely expensive in the beginning stages.

As for whether or not you should get a hair transplant, that's a complicated question that depends on a huge amount of factors, and you'd need to do some serious research looking for top-notch, ethical surgeons who will be upfront and honest with you about what your options would be.

Quote Originally Posted by markusbdc View Post
    If I were you I would research ru58841. One of our old posters called Hellouser made some pretty extensive posts about it-I am using it and it seems to be working pretty well mixed with minoxidil- It seemed to help halt a major shed I was undergoing...
    Is there no side effect with the ru58841 ? :-). Im thinking about trying it ! have you tried/ heard anything about the S5 Cream ? Will it have any effect ?

Is there no side effect with the ru58841 ? :-). Im thinking about trying it ! have you tried/ heard anything about the S5 Cream ? Will it have any effect ?
    Havent heard of any significant sides with RU but doesnt mean there isnt any. S5 is Topical spironolactone which inhibits DHT activity in the scalp via the same two mechanisms as ketoconazole albeit with much greater potency: androgen receptor antagonism and inhibition of the CYP17A1 enzyme as well as having three additional pharmacological mechanisms: progesterone receptor agonism which results in antigonadotropin effects, indirect estrogenic effects which increase the level of sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG binds to testosterone and hence lowers free T levels, therefore lowering the amount of free T converted to DHT) and weak 5α-reductase inhibition (these last two lesser known mechanisms of spironolactone are supported via these studies and links: PMID: 7829618, PMID: 4033118, PMCID: PMC2923944,

This makes spironolactone the only medication indicated for androgenic alopecia that has a pharmacological profile that includes three antiandrogenic mechanisms: androgen receptor antagonism, androgen synthesis inhibition via enzyme inhibition and gonadotropin suppression.

Unfortunately theres probably more encouraging feedback on RU then there is on S5- I guess you could do both on alternating days if you are desperate enough.....

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    I wouldn't count on a "cure" anytime soon... There are a lot of factors that go into that happening and it's a complicated situation. Imo, a lot of powerful companies in the hair loss industry make a lot of money off there not being a cure, which is why it's often hard to see a cure for other various ailments/diseases as well. It's much more lucrative to get people to spend money regularly treating an ailment/disease than there is by curing them... And even if a cure does come out relatively soon, the price would be extremely expensive in the beginning stages.

As for whether or not you should get a hair transplant, that's a complicated question that depends on a huge amount of factors, and you'd need to do some serious research looking for top-notch, ethical surgeons who will be upfront and honest with you about what your options would be.
    What do you think of this Replicell research? Not sure what ever happened with this study or if its results were released or what...They make it sound like we will be cured of baldness here very shortly but I am very skeptical and jaded at this point...https://replicel.com/product-pipelin...-regeneration/

I tried S5 briefly back in 2015. I had a progress log under an old account here. I can't say it really did anything for me but I know some people seem to claim it works.

I would certainly say RU is the best topical out there though for inhibiting DHT from what I've seen from the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by markusbdc View Post
    What do you think of this Replicell research? Not sure what ever happened with this study or if its results were released or what...They make it sound like we will be cured of baldness here very shortly but I am very skeptical and jaded at this point...https://replicel.com/product-pipelin...-regeneration/
    It honestly sounds very promising considering they're using the same methods for skin rejuvenation and tendon rejuvenation which is what won me over because it's not some "shooting for the stars (but falling very short)" -hair only- treatment company + All 3 of their um.. studies? experiments? trials? idk what to call them are passing with ease for now. I'm really looking forward to February when they release their phase 2 trial results because their phase 1 results were very promising and they seem to be very firm that this is the cure for baldness in anyone. Although they could be talking it up something shocking to get their funding and people to buy shares etc etc but everything i've read or seen in videos makes 100% sense and I don't see why it won't work if they're just creating cells from the dht resistant follicles and multiplying and growing them to rejuvenate/create new follicles in the scalp.

Just keep reading everything you can about them and google for their latest updates whilst holding onto every hair you have til their phase 2 trials are finished and we can hopefully get a rough estimate on a release date.