Threaded View

Default 1st HT on Wednesday (June 3) with Dr. Rahal

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I've read a number of posts and actually learned about Dr. Rahal a year ago here. I decided to go with him because he seems to be among the best, most affordable and the closest to me (I live in Toronto and he's in Ottawa).

To make a long story short: I'm 26 years old, diffuse thinning and have more or less come to terms with my hairloss (must admit that concealers have certainly helped me come to grips). I used minoxidil for a while with minimal results and stopped. Also tried Proscar but had terrible side effects (became depressed and felt detached/slow).

Getting a HT was pretty much not an option until I started working a decent job a few years ago and saving up. When I realized that it was something I could consider, I booked a consultation with Dr. Rahal and the rest is history.

So far, I feel pretty composed overall. I thought I'd be a basket case at this point but I'm alright. I do have one serious concern though... And would appreciate any advice out there:

What should I tell everyone post-op? I've decided that I don't want people to know I've had a HT. With my diffuse thinning and the concealers, I think the transition may be smooth enough to get away with it. My best friends cousin got a hair transplant and is relatively open about it, but as a result it's the type of thing that people are constantly whispering about. Not a big deal, but would rather not carry that around with me for the foreseeable future...

For those of you who have had this done and decided not to disclose, what did you tell people during the first 2 months post-op?

Any advice is appreciated... Thanks,
    Alex