19 years old, started finasteride three days ago, sides gone suddenly? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default 19 years old, started finasteride three days ago, sides gone suddenly?

Hey all, I'm a 19 year old student who has spent the last 6 or so months freaking out about how much my hair was shedding and thinning (diffusely but especially at the hairline).
    My dad is nearing 55 and still has a good head of hair, while all the males on my mom's side went bald at 25.
    Kept telling myself if I left it and ate healthy, it would sort itself out.. the problem only accelarated.
    After spending a good month reading about treatments, i decided to chance it with finasteride (propecia) since my hair loss isn't too noticable yet and thought I'd regret not getting on it sooner.
    After the first pill I woke up with a (very) cold and numb member, with minor ballache and slight nausea.
    This freaked me a little and I think made me notice the difference even more and worsen the ache.
    Day 2 I woke up in the same condition, tried beating off and couldn't get remotely hard; was heavily considering quitting there and then.
    Took my third pill yesterday, woke up this morning the exact same and was ready to throw in the towel. However a little later I was able to get a full-on erection and the ballache was gone; felt better than normal tbh!
    My question: anybody else had a similar reaction and if so what happened after??

Any update on your progress? Are you still taking it? I'v been reading about this stuff since I was 19, 26 now.. still on the edge but starting to lean towards giving it a go

That shit is poison.. gave it two tries and totally ****ed with me.
    Recommend trying it for a month - very very unlikely that you'll have sides (if any occur) after you stop.
    Been using liquid minoxidil (with pipette) for 6 months and my results are awesome - had no sides and more importantly no hormonal ****edness haha
    That stuff saved me ^ recommend highlg

Hey thanks for the update Yer it seems that some people don't get sides at all and some do immediately like yourself. What scares the s**t out of me is shedding (if it happens), I am not too bothered about the other sides because from all that I have read on about fin, the first instance I notice even a side of a side effect, I am quitting it. How is it going on minoxidil? I haven't read much on it as right now I cant imagine dedicating the time of day to it every day, indefinitely.. Did you mange to work it into your routine?

What i advise:

1. Try finasteride, if you get sides two weeks after trying, stop taking it. I regret taking it mostly because I was about to score with a girl I had been chatting up for months and i was completely limp down there even after 3 hours of foreplay (****ing embarassing haha). It's worth a shot if you have no upcoming sexual escapades planned.

2. Get on minoxidil right now (regardless of whether you try finasteride). Get the liquid form really cheap from costco (ebay sells it too) and dab it on once a day before bed. I always used it once a day and understand that its almost entirely as effective as twice a day. I think the foam kinda sucks cause you need loads of it to cover the whole scalp.
    I did get a shed (not too noticeable) that continued for a month or so, then the regrowth hit me and BOOM, my hairline was saved and scalp is thicker than ever.
    Only side I have is some extra body hair where it already exists (though this may not be entirely related to minoxidil and just natural).
    Use nizoral twice a week to prevent dry itchy scalp.

Trust me bro, if you care remotely about your hair, the 3 minutes it takes a day to apply will be absolutely no hassle.

Another other questions let me know! (Though I think this should pretty much clear it up).

I had years of hair fall which made the center of my head look empty. It really is disgusting when you have hairs all over the head and the center is almost a bald patch. Can't just get any hairstyle right. Luckily I have reversed the hair fall since starting a serum in dec 2017.

Lol
    How is that relevant/helpful? ^