+ Reply to Thread

Thread: thinning

Default thinning

hello

i am a 26 year old guy with i think is male balness, during the last year i have had a very stressfull life which triggered my thinning, ever since last year my hair keeps thinnning and falls out and on the top of my head you could see the scalp and litle bald patches, i went to see the doctor which she proscrribe me propecia, about a month ago iv been taking propecia as proscribe but iv shed so much hair in the first week and then on, my hair keeps thinning and the scalp is showing more over,

Can someone please advise me what is going on. is the propecia making my hair fall out and will there be regrowth, is the thinning due to stress, it been a year and i have had stress tablets to calm the stress and my stree levels are back to normal. should i stop propecia as my hair is thining all over, can someone please help me?

Hey I'm in the same boat as you, I began taking finasteride and I've begun shedding SOO Much.

It's hard to remember that this is a good thing since my hair is responding well to treatment.
    I'm also using minoxidil in combination with it, and that has made my hair even thinner.

I heard that it can take up to 3months of shedding before you stop and another 3 months after that to see regrowth. I'm going to stick it out because i know in a another year I'll be kicking myself for not doing it sooner then later. If your already shedding and looking thinner there's no turning back unless your having side effects.

thanks for the reply, my hair has allways looked thick and i use alot of gels to style my hair. the side effects where there in the start then three weeks down the line it stoped, my main concern is the shedding and thining it is bad from the sides and back of head, before propecia the thinning was ok but a month of propecia the thinning has gone into overdrive, shall i stick with propecia and is the sheding and scalp showing natural?

I imagine it will return to what it was before as time moves on. But you have a choice will that hair regrow thicker or thinner.... if you choose to stop it will grow thinner and thinner as time moves on. Or thicker and thicker as time moves on with propecia.

What side effects were you experiencing? Also considering talking to your doctor about the side effects and dosing, I've read alot about guys taking the pill every other day, or 0.5mg each day rather than the 1mg.

Everything i say is from research on the net, so I woudlnt trust my opinion with all certainty, your best bet is a great doctor who specializes in hair care. (something i need to invest time in also)

my side effects the usual tastical pain less semen but the side effects have gone, the concern is the thinnonh and scalp showing, why does propecia make the hair thin, i have done alot of reseach over the net and read after the 3months the shedding stops,

where are you losing hair from and is the sheding meaning the tablets working?

from speaking to my doctor she has said the shedding has not happen to any of her patients and propecia is not meant to make the hair fall out
    Last edited by raheama1; 05-30-2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: more information

if you look up shedding and propecia you'll see that it sheds hairs that are damaged due to DHT, and then the hair will shed in its vellus state, and return to a thicker terminal state.

Also remember hearing it can cause shedding from all over the head in weird spots. I'm not sure how common it is, but alot of guys on here talk about it and talk of getting through that hump. Just think in another 3-6months you'll look back and think THAT WAS WORTH IT!

My shedding is mostly due to minoxidil i believe. Its right at the peak of my hair line and all in the frontal region, it looks horrible. Can't wait to get it back thought since if the hair fell out, it means its responding!

Thinning is a common concern for many individuals seeking healthier hair. Whether caused by genetics, aging, or external factors, thinning hair can impact self-confidence. Luckily, there are numerous solutions available. From specialized shampoos and conditioners to supplements and treatments, a range of options can help promote hair growth and thickness. To explore effective strategies for combating thinning hair, go now for expert advice and recommended products.

The Hair Transplant Complications, while infrequent, are essential to understand. Procedures like Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) are generally safe. However, potential risks include infection, managed through sterile techniques and antibiotics. Swelling, often around the forehead and eyes, is temporary. Pain and discomfort are manageable with medication. Scarring, more likely with FUT, can be minimized with proper care. Minor bleeding is normal, while numbness and tingling resolve over time. Shock loss, though distressing, is temporary, and benign cysts can be drained if needed, highlighting the importance of post-transplant care.

In the enchanting world of magic, the art of "thinning" holds a special allure. Magicians like Magical Katrina, a renowned Los Angeles magician, masterfully utilize this technique to captivate audiences worldwide. "Thinning" involves the seamless manipulation of objects, making them appear as though they are vanishing into thin air. With a flick of her wand and a sparkle in her eye, magical katrina los angeles magician leaves spectators in awe as she demonstrates the mystical art of "thinning." Her performances in the bustling heart of Los Angeles continue to mystify and delight, leaving spectators with a sense of wonder and amazement.