X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eames
    • Nov 2017

Hair thinning throughout scalp

Hi,
    Hair has started to thin drastically on my entire scalp over the last 6 months. Had to shave it down because of how apparent it was becoming. Went and saw a derm and he said my hair looks fine. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• danylq
    • Apr 2017

In my opinion, it doesn't look like Male pattern baldness. Can you show us a picture of your hairline?

Comment

• eames
      • Nov 2017

This photo from tonight

This photo from around the time my hair started falling out

Comment

• danylq
        • Apr 2017

Im not an expert, but this looks unusual. Try visiting other derms?

Comment

• BaldBearded
          • Jan 2017

It appears to be Telogen Effluvium. See a Dr. sometimes, depending on cause, it can be reversed, sometimes no.

Comment

• eames
            • Nov 2017

I've gone to a few. One said my hair was fine and I was probably overreacting. The other said density was a little low but didn't look like anything was wrong. I mean my hair looks like straight hell all over my scalp so its frustrating when a doctor isn't taking my concerns seriously.

Comment

• danylq
              • Apr 2017

Yeah, sadly dr's usually don't give a shit since they prioritize other things than hair. Perhaps visit a dermatologist that specializes in hair rather than your GP? I'm not an expert by any means but your hairloss looks very unusual.

Comment

• BaldBearded
                • Jan 2017

TE as opposed to MPB is usually NOT genetic (unless it is prevalent in your family). See a Dermo, and explain the reason for your visit when you book the appointment!

Comment

Working...