+ Reply to Thread

Default any former dutasteride users here? sides or just anxiety?

can any other people here who are/have been on dut and quit share your experiences of stopping the drug?

i first took dutasteride in early 2015 (i have never used propecia), was on it for about 5-6 months until i quit (didn't seem like it was doing much for me in terms of regrowth and i decided just maintaining wasn't worth it) - i started again later that year but quit again after a couple of weeks.

i tried again this year to get back into it, was on dut for a couple of weeks in july but decided for good that i didn't want to stick with it and threw the rest out. i read up about the sides before taking it and the consensus was sides are rare but if they happen they will stop after taking it but i'm starting to get worried as i read further

i'm around 4.5 months off now and sometimes i worry if my libido/morning wood isn't the same but i can't tell for sure if anything has changed. i also have compounding issues (my bmi is 33 and i had ocd/anxiety long before i even started on dut)

will a simple blood test for testosterone/dht be enough to rule out any physical cause? anyone else here going through anything similar?

Doctor Representative

If you can't tell a difference why are you worried?

A hormone test could definitely help rule out any lingering side effects but to be honest I think most of the people who have issues months after stopping Fin/Dut tend not to have any measurable changes in hormones, etc. So there's little to prove that they have any remaining side effects (or that the medication even caused it) other than the patient believes that is what's happening. Obviously I can't speak for every single patient ever, just what's available in clinical studies and what I've personally seen working with my specific office.
    I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
    My opinions are my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Kneeland View Post
    If you can't tell a difference why are you worried?

A hormone test could definitely help rule out any lingering side effects but to be honest I think most of the people who have issues months after stopping Fin/Dut tend not to have any measurable changes in hormones, etc. So there's little to prove that they have any remaining side effects (or that the medication even caused it) other than the patient believes that is what's happening. Obviously I can't speak for every single patient ever, just what's available in clinical studies and what I've personally seen working with my specific office.
    Exactly