Threaded View

Default Persistent redness/pinkness and rough skin texture: When should i begin to worry

Hi all,

I had a facial hair transplant back in early July of this year. Now roughly 4.5 months post-op, I still have very pink skin in the recipient area, which outlines exactly where I had work done. Likewise, the skin there is very bumpy and uneven, and appears to be shinier than the surrounding, normal skin.

I'm starting to get very concerned, as the skin has not improved for the last few months in my opinion. I've tried several topical treatments from dermatologists (e.g. hydrocortisone, pimecrolimus cream, antibiotics). While the antibiotics seem to have gotten my pimples under control, the pinkness/redness has not improved at all.

My dermatologist has suggested a VBeam (pulsed dye) laser to treat the redness, as he says it doesnt damage hair. I have some important functions coming up, and since I have to shave for work, it's very obvious and embarrassing. Is there any risk in trying this laser? And should I be worried? I have read horror stories online of facial hair/eyebrow transplants staying red forever and remaining scarred/bumpy/rough in the recipient sites for over a year or longer.

Thanks everyone.