+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by dfoz View Post
    That is very unfortunate. If anyone is waiting for a CURE, you wont find it from big pharma, im sorry you wont. they arent after a cure because if there's a cure, you wont be a customer anymore. im sorry, its the sad truth. as you can see they are looking out for themselves, not for us and our health. I did find a way to cure myself and it was through nutrition. it cost me nothing. no products, no treatments. i have written how i did it on my health blog here: http://rockmybody.wordpress.com/2010...i-got-it-back/

it was 100% safe, no side effects no nothing. There arent many people on this diet who are bald. ive heard one guy say he was balding until he started this diet and his hair stopped receding. my hair, my skin, my health is amazing now. i have thick hair, glowing skin and i dont remember the last time i was sick. i really, really, really hope it helps. all the information is free and i will be adding to it as i find more information so stay tuned to that post.
    I don't think it's a conspiracy. The only way to "cure" baldness is by altering genetics and there are indeed companies working on that. Even the new tissue regeneration products are not meant to be a cure, just another treatment option.

Not to crap on your point, but I have been on nearly the exact diet you advocate for over 15 years and it did not stop my hair from falling out. Propecia is the only thing that ever helped with that.

hi ryan,

no worries man, you didnt crap on any point. im not here to be right, im here to learn and help and share information.

im really curious what kind of diet were you on for 15 years? im sorry to hear it didnt help. are you sure it was my diet? as in a raw vegan diet? or was it a diet with lots of vegetables but everything was cooked and you still ate meat, and drank coffee and ate pasta and bread?

oh btw, becareful with the word 'conspiracy'. that word can be used to throw information out the window without first actually looking at it. if you look at the information you'll find its effective business, thats all. is it a conspiracy that finasteride is bad for us? no, that stuff is very bad for us, true fact.

I believe nutrition is underrated when it comes to a lot of things.
    The recommended daily intake of a vitamin or mineral is merely based on a figure where 98 % of the population will not get deficiency symptoms. It is NOT based on the accurate measure to provide health benefits nor is it based on the upper lever for toxicity.

I have spoken to professors who are reseraching in the field and according to them nutrition can actually go into cells and change gene expression. So if you say that your diet helped with your hair loss, then I believe you. However I don't believe it will work for everyone, and I would never recommend that someone who feels really depressed gets off finasteride to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubter_87 View Post
    I believe nutrition is underrated when it comes to a lot of things.
    The recommended daily intake of a vitamin or mineral is merely based on a figure where 98 % of the population will not get deficiency symptoms. It is NOT based on the accurate measure to provide health benefits nor is it based on the upper lever for toxicity.

I have spoken to professors who are reseraching in the field and according to them nutrition can actually go into cells and change gene expression. So if you say that your diet helped with your hair loss, then I believe you. However I don't believe it will work for everyone, and I would never recommend that someone who feels really depressed gets off finasteride to try it.
    Thanks man, I totally agree with you with everything you said. I always mention that this might not work for everyone. As long as people are aware of the dangerous effects of finasteride, as well as the positives and dangers of other treatments, they are completely free to choose whatever they want. Im not against that at all, im just providing another alternative.

do the professors you have spoken to have any papers out on the subject or anything i can read or find more information about? sounds really interesting. when you say they are in the field, do you mean hair field or general gene field?

cheers man!

The professor that held the lecture I had in mind is reseraching different aspects of nutrition. I am really just starting to get into it in my studies, so can't really be of much hellp. But I am sure you can find loads of information about it out there.

An example would be that Zink and carbohydrates will affect neural transmittors and hormones, which in the end will affect how genes are expressed.

And once again I just want to say that I do not believe that balding is caused by bad diet or deficiencies. However I do believe that by changing your diet you can affect how your genes are expressed, and that can both be inhibiting and aggravating when it comes to balding.

Quote Originally Posted by dfoz View Post
    hi ryan,

no worries man, you didnt crap on any point. im not here to be right, im here to learn and help and share information.

im really curious what kind of diet were you on for 15 years? im sorry to hear it didnt help. are you sure it was my diet? as in a raw vegan diet? or was it a diet with lots of vegetables but everything was cooked and you still ate meat, and drank coffee and ate pasta and bread?

oh btw, becareful with the word 'conspiracy'. that word can be used to throw information out the window without first actually looking at it. if you look at the information you'll find its effective business, thats all. is it a conspiracy that finasteride is bad for us? no, that stuff is very bad for us, true fact.
    I've been a vegan for 20 years. Over the past 15, I have eliminated almost all refined sugar, alcohol, caffeine, etc. A few years ago, I also discovered I was allergic to soy and eliminated that as well.

As far as the "conspiracy" point, I don't believe it's safe to make a blanket statement that finasteride is "bad for us." I personally don't feel any different since I stopped taking the drug several months ago so I'm not sure it was harming me. While I will agree that the natural state is ideal, that doesn't mean that most guys are harmed by taking it. For guys with BPH or who are at risk of prostate cancer, one could make the argument that the medication is actually good for them. Even for those who take it for cosmetic purposes, they might be better off than living with the extreme anxiety and depression that some experience over hair loss. Again, all drugs have side effects, the benefit vs risk is what determines if the drug is a good treatment or not.

ryan555; Spot on!
    For me the anxiety, depression, social phobia, sleep disturbance and lack of life energy and all the other symptoms my hair loss is causing is way more detrimental to my health than finasteride could ever be...

I wish that I had started finasteride earlier and that I had been consistent in my use of it - because then it is likely that my hair would be in a better state than it is right now.

Sure there are risks involved in everything we do, and I am not saying that finasteride may not cause permanent side effects or whatever. It's just that the risk/benefit ratio, for me, makes being on finasteride a no brainer.