+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Agreed. From most of the side effects I have read about people experience symptons but then continue to take the drug and then have more drastic sides when they finally quit. It is confusing to me. However, I do beleive there are serious sides with this drug and I can't see taking it for life so it begs the question why even start?

These types of videos/people scared me away from the drug for months. My hair got worse, looked extremely bad and I just thought I had no choice. I cannot live a life with worse hair... It is/was already devastating enough. It changes your WHOLE appearance. It chances how people perceive you, how they treat how and how much they respect you. This is very real and not just in my head. I don't want to be the inferior guy that everyone makes bald jokes about.

Euuughhhhhh. This is all quite disgusting.

I am in a much better mood today, thankfully. But it is only because I am having a good hair day! It seems the better my hair the better my mood!

I can't help that... Just the way it is.

Propecia definitely is worth taking for me. I have no other choice. I could scare myself a lot more with a hair loss video than a propecia side effect video. So there you have it...

Fair point, I saw a bit of the video and to be honest I think it is largely unfounded. A lot of reputable doctors prescribe propecia and it is also approved by FDA. If it was so bad, I hope it wouldn't have been approved in the first place.

What do the doctors here think?

Another point, if propecia side-effects were permanent, then surely its benefits will also be.

I heard that taking saw palmetto is better than propecia. I dont know. Well there are side effects to any type of prescription medication.

saw palmetto results are negligible at best. hopefully prp will show some results for me this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    These types of videos/people scared me away from the drug for months. My hair got worse, looked extremely bad and I just thought I had no choice. I cannot live a life with worse hair... It is/was already devastating enough. It changes your WHOLE appearance. It chances how people perceive you, how they treat how and how much they respect you. This is very real and not just in my head. I don't want to be the inferior guy that everyone makes bald jokes about.

Euuughhhhhh. This is all quite disgusting.

I am in a much better mood today, thankfully. But it is only because I am having a good hair day! It seems the better my hair the better my mood!

I can't help that... Just the way it is.

Propecia definitely is worth taking for me. I have no other choice. I could scare myself a lot more with a hair loss video than a propecia side effect video. So there you have it...
    I get what you're saying and I'm sorry that "these type of videos" scared you away, but I did a little research on this guy-John Crisler-and he is arguably the leader in testosterone replacement therapy. He seems to know a lot about hormonal imbalances.

Think about it... Dr. Crisler-and people in his industry-would benefit from an extra pool of hormonally messed up people, which they could extract revenue from. So why would he speak out against Propecia? He has nothing to gain from it.

I'm not trying to make people shy away from their regiment. I, myself, am considering taking fin, due to the increase in shedding I have recently experienced. However, I think to simply overlook something because it doesn't coincide with your views is a bit of a mistake. One should be fully informed and aware of the product they're ingesting. At the very minimum, it lets you know what to expect, if you happen to experience side effects.

Like thejdizzle, I'm giving PRP a try soon; I made an appointment for June. I started a thread a couple of weeks ago and I'll be posting my bi-weekly progress. I haven't updated it with pics because of work and stuff, but I will be doing so soon.

Although my expectations are modest, I hope PRP produces good results. Hopefully I can use the treatment as an alternative to fin. If PRP fails, I'll be forced to get on fin-hopefully with no side effects-until a real solution for hair loss comes out (if it ever does...).

Quote Originally Posted by seraphix View Post

Another point, if propecia side-effects were permanent, then surely its benefits will also be.
    the drug could have multiple mechanisms therefore that comment is a loose assumption

playsound

Ok damn it I watched that stupid video and now it has me all worried. I started the Fin on May 21st and have experienced no side effects. How can I not be worried though? As much as I enjoyed having hair, I don't want to mess with my hormones on a long term basis. I don't like the sounds of these possible side effects at all and would rather live my life with a shaved head. I started to let my hair grow back in and my wife told me she prefers my hair cut short (buzzed) anyway.

My plan was to stay on the prescribed fin and keep my hair short until a better alternative came about. Ahhhh! Now I have to make a decision whether or not is is worth it to me to stay on the fin. I really don't want to mess with my hormones and my ability to perform athletically and sexually. At the same time, of course I'd like to keep the remaining hair I have. Not sure what to do.

Mane Man

I will be interested in your progress on propecia as I have been on the fence about it as well and I'm close to your age. The sides have keep me away up to this point and I don't see taking it for life so from one married man to another. I have a hard time justifying the risk of the sides when at best it seems to only delay the inevitable?

Yeah- ok it would be one thing if I were 20 and wanted to hold onto my hair through college and dating. I can totally empathize with some of the younger members here as being young and in the dating world can be intimidating even when you are confident in the way you look. To them, the risks of keeping hair through medication might seem worth it. Everybody has to weigh out the pros and cons of the options and ultimately decide for themselves.

I was not expecting any miracles with propecia/fin anyway. I'm 34, and have been married for eight years. My wife is very nice about my hair loss, considering she met me before I showed any signs. What is the point of me risking my sexual health and possibly other sides if the fin loses its effectiveness and people stop taking it after five years?

I'm on the fence, but I'm already on the pill. It felt good to finally do something about the hair loss, but I'm not sure about my decision now. I don't want to constantly be worrying about this. I'm going to make a decision in the next day or two.