+ Reply to Thread

Default Final thoughts on getting HT

Hello,

Thanks for your thoughts here. Also, this doesn't appear to be my login, but I'll post since I'm recovering from a shoulder surgery and don't have much usage or time for the right side now, heh.

I'll try to stick to the most relevant facts and not sure how much personal stress and story would play here, though I know we all have them. We will see.

So, soon to be 47 male. Family history I believe will end up NW 5 middle. Noticed thinning 10-15 years ago but only enough to start learning and try propecia briefly maybe 10 years ago. Not sure if had bad effect but I had other reasons not to take it or consider again. Now I have consulted local with 2 surgeons and even Bosley just to see and listen. My front is now quite to the point of wispy in the middle and gone on the sides, so, I it would be the time. And notice the down the middle thinning but that will take time to worsen.

I've been reading a lot of reviews, sites, current procedures, future possibilities.

If I do this, I've decided to go with what seems to be one of the best. Shapiro.

It would be front third and strip, I believe. I don't know exactly how it would okay out until meeting the doctor when he sees beyond just the consultant. Assuming 2500 ish grafts. From my other separate local consults I've been told very good donor, but they might have just been in sales mode.

I'm considering this as the 1st procedure getting me to a better look. A mature hairline as opposed to lowered or super thick. Then since no medication beyond just Nizoral, other shampoo that may or may not at least be healthy, understand that the other middle will continue to thin until next transplant in 3-5 years, or longer if lucky. And thinking a 3rd would be likely unless technology came about in the next 10 years. I don't see the rogaine likely doing much good nor me sticking to something that is very minimal and stops working.

I am not hyper vain but most certainly like having hair. Yes, there was a layoff after 16 years, so I don't think this will get me a job but it won't hurt, if the belief is that the plan above won't leave me worse. I might be interviewing in the near term after the procedure. Strip mid December if I do. Interviews could be prior or likely January if I get lucky?

I won't get into the details of father dying, having to get rid of things to stay ahead of problems financially, a bad job holding out til the last moment for either a different position in same company or quit, a pressure for child or divorce in the immediate, and whatever other 10 things that invaded a relatively stable life and made for much drama and stress.

So, after some needed physical rebuild of damaged shoulder, more. Trying to rebuild career as we speak. Trying to understand if I'm giving up everything under threat of divorce for either a family or alone. My direct family is now gone except I have to try and help my mother and I'm at my worst mentally and job, though I do have enough to take care of things even like the HT because of planning.

That is background on some fears, motivations, hopes, and detail towards the HT backdrop. If I'm single again, I would at least like to have some good looks about me and I don't see the shaved head at all in my future. Can cut lower but want to at least have a frontal frame. Thoughts and thanks for reading my garbage.

Again tapping with 1 side from iPad with very little sleep post surgery from the past month and a half. Good physical condition as far as transplant once I heal this. Salt and pepper ish hair. Supposed good donor. Flexible scalp I believe. Caucasian but darker skin, especially when sun. I'm sure I missed something but I'm all ears to your thoughts, Watched a few shows and great stuff, but it does scare me. I'm not looking towards any hair system